Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Two Monitors one HDMI

J0NN0

Hi,  have decided to buy my first proper gaming PC, however before I purchase I have one issue that I need to find a solution for. The PC only has one HDMI port yet I have two monitors, is there a way to use both monitors connected to the PC but displaying separate things? I have been looking on Amazon but I am unable to find an adapter that will do this. The PC. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

DisplayPort to HDMI cable or adapter would do the job.

5 minutes ago, J0NN0 said:

Hi,  have decided to buy my first proper gaming PC, however before I purchase I have one issue that I need to find a solution for. The PC only has one HDMI port yet I have two monitors, is there a way to use both monitors connected to the PC but displaying separate things? I have been looking on Amazon but I am unable to find an adapter that will do this. The PC. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Use a Displayport or DVI to HDMI adapter.

Those can also display something on a screen and you have plenty of them:

image.png.0ea5a150bdaf5dadf25e73873b3268c2.png

What monitor will you be using?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

34 minutes ago, Watcher said:

DisplayPort to HDMI cable or adapter would do the job.

Thank you. 

34 minutes ago, minibois said:

Use a Displayport or DVI to HDMI adapter.

Those can also display something on a screen and you have plenty of them:

image.png.0ea5a150bdaf5dadf25e73873b3268c2.png

What monitor will you be using?

Thanks, I’m still fairly new to the PC side of things, I’d noticed there were lots of ports but no matter where I looked I was unable to see them listed anywhere, just that there was one HDMI.

As  for Monitors I have already invested in two ASUS VG278QR monitors but currently I am not making use of the HDMI Ports so that is something I will be looking to do when I upgrade. 

1 minute ago, J0NN0 said:

Thanks, I’m still fairly new to the PC side of things, I’d noticed there were lots of ports but no matter where I looked I was unable to see them listed anywhere, just that there was one HDMI.

As  for Monitors I have already invested in two ASUS VG278QR monitors but currently I am not making use of the HDMI Ports so that is something I will be looking to do when I upgrade. 

You have DVI and Displayport on this monitor too. 

The monitor either comes with a: HDMI, Displayport or DVI cable (or a combination of these). Check if you have those, because you also have Displayport and DVI on your videocard 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/