AM4 Board with Front USB-C

I'm putting together a semi-budget build and I'm looking to have front usb-c on it.  I've been ripping my hair out trying to find a mobo that has this that is also AM4.  There is an old thread on the forum but that was over a year ago and I'm trying to find out what's currently out there.

Cheers!

What CPU is it planned to go with?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Here's one with a USB C header next to the bottom right of the ram slots. Slight overkill, price wise.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/nHxbt6/gigabyte-x570-aorus-elite-atx-am4-motherboard-x570-aorus-elite

1 minute ago, Chris_Hend0712 said:

Ryzen 5 3600

make sure you quote us so we can see your responses

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite has it, very good motherboard at the same time (one of the cheapest x570 boards with also decent vrm, besides asus tuf b450 plus and the newest msi x570 tomohawk that's supposed to be 200$)

MSI x570 tomohawk also should have the connector. Slightly better vrm than gigabyte aorus elite and asus tuf plus but may be expensive as it's new model.

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Here's one with a USB C header next to the bottom right of the ram slots. Slight overkill, price wise.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/nHxbt6/gigabyte-x570-aorus-elite-atx-am4-motherboard-x570-aorus-elite

make sure you quote us so we can see your responses

Is this the cheapest one out there? I didn't really want to spend more that $160 on it but if this is the only option currently then I guess I don't really have a choice. 

Also thanks for the tip about quoting. :D

6 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite has it, very good motherboard at the same time (one of the cheapest x570 boards with also decent vrm, besides asus tuf b450 plus and the newest msi x570 tomohawk that's supposed to be 200$)

MSI x570 tomohawk also should have the connector. Slightly better vrm than gigabyte aorus elite and asus tuf plus but may be expensive as it's new model.

Are you sure that the USB-C on the tuf b450 is on the front? I can only see it on the rear io. 

Also looking to stay out of the $160+ range if at all possible.

5 minutes ago, Chris_Hend0712 said:

Is this the cheapest one out there? I didn't really want to spend more that $160 on it but if this is the only option currently then I guess I don't really have a choice. 

Also thanks for the tip about quoting. :D

unfortunately it's a rather premium feature, you won't be able to find it on cheap boards.

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, Chris_Hend0712 said:

Are you sure that the USB-C on the tuf b450 is on the front? I can only see it on the rear io. 

Also looking to stay out of the $160+ range if at all possible.

I meant that gigabyte x570 aorus elite AND asus tuf plus are very good motherboards when it comes to vrm and overall performance, and both are relatively cheap. Almost everything under them is more or less crap (for the price), too many cut corners and too little features.... maybe just ASUS PRIME X570-P if my memory is correct is worth the money.

The TUF does not have usb c front, only the gigabyte model has.

The Tomohawk is worth the 200$ MSRP but being a new model (just released) and with this covid stuff, I have a feeling it's gonna show up in stores at around 250$, maybe even more, and even so will probably sell out fast.

Otherwise, if you can be patient for around a month or so, maybe less, the B550 chipset based motherboards should release or at least you'll see what's gonna be released ... supposedly around 60+ models of motherboards will be launched with b550 chipsets.