Playing City Building Games with Pen Tablet/Pen Display.

Fatih19

I rarely play any games so I replaced my mouse with a pen tablet (a Huion H950P, to be exact).  Because, I do more schoolwork which requires writing, and the pen tablet feels more ergonomic.

But. I do play Frostpunk from time to time. I recently tried to play the latest DLC of it with that pen tablet and it actually feels very intuitive. Feels like an actual city planner planning a city. Using the draft table and pencil and whatnot.

I'm asking if there's any other people who has attempted this, and if so, what's your experience and opinion about it?

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

Well that's something I want to try now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

2 minutes ago, Fatih19 said:

I rarely play any games so I replaced my mouse with a pen tablet (a Huion H950P, to be exact).  Because, I do more schoolwork which requires writing, and the pen tablet feels more ergonomic.

But. I do play Frostpunk from time to time. I recently tried to play the latest DLC of it with that pen tablet and it actually feels very intuitive. Feels like an actual city planner planning a city. Using the draft table and pencil and whatnot.

I'm asking if there's any other people who has attempted this, and if so, what's your experience and opinion about it?

Sounds like a great idea!
I have played some first person games with my drawing tablet (not the screen, just a tablet) and that was not much of a success.

In the past I played some Insaniquarium deluxe with a pen, but with the amount of clicking required, I had to rebind clicking to a keyboard key.

Oh and course I have played some OSU! in the past with a tablet.

But playing something like Zoo Tycoon or Sim City would probably work pretty well with a drawing tablet/display.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Just now, BobVonBob said:

I already have a tablet, picked it up for drawing a year ago, just want to try this now.

Share your experience too after you tried it!

Main Rig :

Laptop :

I used to 3D model with Maya using a pen tablet.

I even played papers please on my phone the other day with the steam link app, so it was effectively a pen tablet game except my finger was the stylus.

worked pretty well, but the small screen made text difficult to read & sometimes difficult tohit buttons so I ran out of time when I could have been faster but slowed down cuz screen to finger size wasn't ergonomic enough.