Which part next?

Cpu: ryzen 3600x

Mobo: gigabyte ab350 gaming 3

GPU: xfx 5700xt ultra thicc 3

Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 2333 mhz (2666 xmp)

Ssd: nvme 128gb

Hard drive. Seagate 2tb

H100i pro cooler

Psu: RM 750x corsair

570x crystal series case.

I'm thinking just another motherboard and then faster ram. But idk what motherboard i should get. i was thinking something like the crossfire vii but idk what will give me the best performance for the long term.

3 minutes ago, Killstormin said:

Cpu: ryzen 3600x

Mobo: gigabyte ab350 gaming 3

GPU: xfx 5700xt ultra thicc 3

Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 2333 mhz (2666 xmp)

Ssd: nvme 128gb

Hard drive. Seagate 2tb

H100i pro cooler

Psu: RM 750x corsair

570x crystal series case.

I'm thinking just another motherboard and then faster ram. But idk what motherboard i should get. i was thinking something like the crossfire vii but idk what will give me the best performance for the long term.

hm

if you're looking to save a bit, go for a b450 MAX model, so you dont need the BIOS upgrade for the 3 series compatibility.

get 3200MHZ, look for CL16, not CL18.

stuff is cool. stuff that has fancy lighting is cooler. stuff that has fancy lighting and works is the coolest.

i game so i know a bit abt gaming tech, not much abt professional tech.

writing this as i finish a 3 hour D2 sesh so excuse anything wrong.

19 minutes ago, Killstormin said:

128gb

Get a bigger SSD!

Main rig:

• Ryzen 3600X • X370 Killer SLI • 16GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz • Strix 1070ti • Define R5 • SuperNova 750 G2 • Evo 1TB + X300 4TB •

Secondary rig:

• Acer prebuilt • Rzyen 1700X (upgraded) • OEM 1060 3GB • 256GB SSD + 1TB Seagate (upgraded) •

3 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

I agree with @ketchupspill on the memory. For long term I'd choose a X570 if you plan on upgrading to Ryzen 4000 eventually. If not, B450 boards are more reasonable.

true true. im going to get a new build this sumer and i decided on a 570 because better future support, but i would still recommend the 450 f theyve got a tight budget, becasue the 570 alone costs upwards of 200 dollars.

stuff is cool. stuff that has fancy lighting is cooler. stuff that has fancy lighting and works is the coolest.

i game so i know a bit abt gaming tech, not much abt professional tech.

writing this as i finish a 3 hour D2 sesh so excuse anything wrong.

You’re at the end of the road with the motherboard, that said I’d recommend this order;

1. Ram, hands down the biggest and cheapest improvement you can get out of the gate

2. Storage, SSD performance tanks when they get more and more full, so grab a 1tb since they’ve become cheaper these days

3. Motherboard, the worst and most expensive upgrade today, near 0 performance gains out of the gate unless you need more usb lanes, better to just upgrade the motherboard when you upgrade the CPU, will be much cheaper and you might not even be on AM4 by then.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

Just wait until June before doing anything as B550 is out then. Also the MSI X570 Tomahawk wifi should hopefully be out pretty soon.

yeah so im getting 3200 ram today ramping up to 32gb. and should i just grab any ssd or should i stick to NVMe?