Need help, Sapphire R7 260x OC ed. 2gb Flickering lines on idle or web browsing

Go to solution Solved by jasper21,

Download your drivers directly from AMD.

Beta Drivers are not 100% guaranteed to work with everyone (that's why there is a note saying "AS IS.")

"Note! This driver is provided "AS IS" and under the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement provided there within."

- AMD.com

And yes, 14.2 Beta is now up on AMD's website.

The stable, WHQL certified, driver is still 13.12.

When uninstalling drivers, use Display Driver Uninstaller, in safe mode. it will completely clean your os from the drivers. I had the same issue with my R9 290, also try to use stable drivers, i believe the 13.2 are the latest ones.

Yes i i did both of what you both said, and didn't work so i guese -rascal is right, the 14.1 beta might not have been compatible for some reason with my r7 card.

But i would like to Thanks you guys for all the help, really appreciate it a lot. got the 14.2 installed, no problems anymore, no flickering lines, and no problems during installation.

Now if its not too much to ask...

Can you help me with this new problem

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121375-help-with-ati-radeon-mobility-hd-4570/

Hi guys, i kinda need help with my PC, a week ago, i downloaded the new beta driver Catalyst 14.1, did a full driver sweep, and installed it, some how it fails to install the driver for the card but install everything else, now i went back to the 13.2 WHQL version for my card and since then, i started to experience flickering lines now and then on my PC, white or black lines.

Seemed to notice that it only does the flickering thing whenever i'm idling or just doing web browsing or watching videos/YouTube and such.

And whenever i'm playing a game, running a game on idle on the background, alt tabbing etc... the issue doesn't seem to happen.

Here is what i already tested,

tried using the processor's Intel HD 4600, flickering doesn't happen, using the same HDMI cable.

Tried connecting my phone, a galaxy note 3 into the monitor thru the HDMI port and hadn't had flickers while playing a game or playing a video.

temperatures are good, (attached a photo of speecy/core temp/gpu-z/cpu-z running as of typing this) 

post-60975-0-25981800-1392908371_thumb.p

Run a 24 hour stress test on MSI Kombustor, results are normal, dint notice anything odd, no flickering lines.

Been playing HD games on High settings or even Ultra settings and flickering nor any other video problems don't appear.

Examples of the games i play are Dota2, LoL, BF4, AC4, Prototype2, CS Go, Total War II Rome, and as i said, doing games it doesn't happen.

Only started after failing to install the 14.1 beta driver and going back to 13.2 driver.

Already tried re-downloading and re-installing drivers both the 14.1 beta and the current 13.2. but same thing. Flickering lines appear when idling or just web browsing or just going thru pictures or files.

It doesn't happen every time and as i am typing this, it hasn't happened at all. ( I included a photo of what I'm running while typing this)

post-60975-0-57578500-1392908363_thumb.p

Its not a big deal, i just wanna know what seems to be happening, so i don't get paranoid about the components of my PC going out.

Any help would be great.

Planning to do a complete reformat of my PC so i can re install everything like its brand new.

But don't wanna do anything yet as of now if there is some easy way of fixing it.

Please help.

(after 30 mins. of composing this i haven't seen any flickers)

Run diag.exe and this is the results. diag.txt

Added a photo of the components/configuration

post-60975-0-78998900-1392908353_thumb.j

•  

Please don't double post. Your first topic was good enough for people to check out.

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

Under Afterburner's settings, enable "Reset display mode when overclocking" and that should solve the problem.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Here's a quote from your other thread:

When you tried installing the 14.1 beta drivers did you by chance Right-Click Run as Administrator? If you did, then I'd recommend not doing it that way as it tends to fail/hang horribly.

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

Please don't double post. Your first topic was good enough for people to check out.

sorry i didnt know if i was posting it on the right board, since i wasnt able to see the graphic section of the forum for hardware.

•  

Under Afterburner's settings, enable "Reset display mode when overclocking" and that should solve the problem.

havent tried this, tried looking for the said setting but cannot seem to find it.

•  

Here's a quote from your other thread:

Thanks, nope i didn't run it as administrator. still failed for some reason.

Haven't noticed the flickering today. just closed and stopped some apps from the start up and did a BIOS update for my Gigabyte Sniper b5 board, now its F6. hadn't seen any flickers.

My bad, seems to be happening all of a sudden again, hadn't had it for about 3 hours. now it shows the flickering again, while i was watching youtube.

still leaves me with the 14.1 update fail, i may just wait for the final release of the driver.

Edited by jasper21

•  

By any chance did you ever use the AMD Uninstaller software they releasded quite some time ago? I only ask because I used to use it flawlessly, but when I used it under Win 8.1 it literally removed the registry entry for my Administrative Rights. I have a fix for that now though. Check to see if you can open UAC settings. If you can't then that's what may be the issue.

By any chance did you ever use the AMD Uninstaller software they releasded quite some time ago? I only ask because I used to use it flawlessly, but when I used it under Win 8.1 it literally removed the registry entry for my Administrative Rights. I have a fix for that now though. Check to see if you can open UAC settings. If you can't then that's what may be the issue.

I have my UAC at do not notify, i remember setting it that way. and i can still open it and change it will try turning it to default and reinstall.

noticed i only had like 3 instances of seeing those flickering lines.

•  

I did another clean wipe, used DDU, change UAC to default, was running the install looked promising since it took a bit more time on the driver installation part, but still fails in the end. getting this.

Catalyst™ Install Manager
Installation Report
02/21/14 23:54:48

Hardware information

Name AMD Radeon Graphics Processor Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Device ID 0x6658 Vendor ID 0x1002 Class Code 0x030000 Revision ID 0x00 Subsystem ID 0xe253 Subsystem vendor ID 0x174b Other hardware

post-60975-0-40349500-1392998626_thumb.p

•  

During the installation do you get a yellow pop-up asking if you want to install a driver?

Edit: By any chance could you link me to the actual R7 260X model you have? I noticed on the Sapphire site that there were 2, but neither of the shrouds look like yours.

During the installation do you get a yellow pop-up asking if you want to install a driver?

Edit: By any chance could you link me to the actual R7 260X model you have? I noticed on the Sapphire site that there were 2, but neither of the shrouds look like yours.

after changing the UAC to default yes, it notifies me if i wanna install it,

mine is this one 

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/product_index.aspx?pid=2040&lid=1

Went to the support/download section

i saw this Catalyst V13.12c launched in 2/12/2014

11222-00_R7_260X_2GBGDDR5_DP_HDMI_2DVI_P

•  

I find this odd, after doing a clean sweep from the failed 14.1 update and then downloading the one i saw from sapphire's website for the drivers and support for the said card,

this is what shows up on catalyst. states my software version is 14.1

post-60975-0-67911300-1393003388.png

•  

Are you grabbing your drivers from the AMD site or the Sapphire site?

SS of my CCC Software Info.

post-17740-0-57994100-1393003697.png

The prev one i had before trying to install 14.1 beta was from amd's website downloaded it multiple times and everytime failing the install. The one installed now is the one i just downloaded a while ago from sapphire's website. And i only saw that today since i checked there site a week ago and that c version wasnt there.

Still stuck with not being able to install 14.1 beta so o will just stick with the new one from sapphire for the moment.

Its just odd... since they said the 14.1 beta was made for the r7 and r9 series for mantle.

•  

Have you tried the Star Swarm Stress Test that's on Steam? There are two options you can test, D3D and Mantle, to see if everything is working with the Mantle drivers.

Loaded star swarm from steam, didn't detect any mantle installed.

Edited by jasper21

•  

Still failed to install it, went back to a 13.10 driver, hadnt had any flickers.

Heard 14.2 is gonna be released today. so i will try that one when it comes out.

•  

Beta Drivers are not 100% guaranteed to work with everyone (that's why there is a note saying "AS IS.")

"Note! This driver is provided "AS IS" and under the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement provided there within."

- AMD.com

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

When uninstalling drivers, use Display Driver Uninstaller, in safe mode. it will completely clean your os from the drivers. I had the same issue with my R9 290, also try to use stable drivers, i believe the 13.2 are the latest ones.

This did it for me on my lounge room PC

If you cannot find the setting @jasper21 , update afterburner to the latest beta 3.0 or higher release to get the options.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

- AMD.com

Yes i i did both of what you both said, and didn't work so i guese -rascal is right, the 14.1 beta might not have been compatible for some reason with my r7 card.

But i would like to Thanks you guys for all the help, really appreciate it a lot. got the 14.2 installed, no problems anymore, no flickering lines, and no problems during installation.

Now if its not too much to ask...

Can you help me with this new problem

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121375-help-with-ati-radeon-mobility-hd-4570/

•