Best GPU for my use

Bihrarsw
Just now, iCypticx said:

amd drivers have a tendency to crash a lot. I know that they released an update that fixed many of those bugs but still I'd rather be safe than sorry. go for nvidia!

with the recent updates lots of people say that the thing has improved. still going to nvidia for rtx :D

3 minutes ago, Its_MrMa said:

it's pretty basic but it should run the 1600af fine.

can the b450 pro 4 support 3600mhz? just wondering

3 minutes ago, Its_MrMa said:

with the recent updates lots of people say that the thing has improved. still going to nvidia for rtx :D

mmm that sweet ray tracing goodness

2 minutes ago, Its_MrMa said:

from what I've seen

1 minute ago, iCypticx said:

can the b450 pro 4 support 3600mhz? just wondering

It can support up to 3200

Just now, Bihrarsw said:

from what I've seen

It can support up to 3200

oof guess no 3600 then 

4 minutes ago, Its_MrMa said:

but from what I've seen I can buy a 5700xt for $379.99 or a 2060 super for $400. Which one is the better buy?

Just now, Bihrarsw said:

but from what I've seen I can buy a 5700xt for $379.99 or a 2060 super for $400. Which one is the better buy?

if you don't care of rtx pick the 5700xt.

Just now, Bihrarsw said:

definitely the 2060 super imo. with it being close enough to the 2070 it should out power the 5700xt by a fair amt

Just now, iCypticx said:

definitely the 2060 super imo. with it being close enough to the 2070 it should out power the 5700xt by a fair amt

i'm not sure that the 2060s performs better than the 5700xt... 

2 minutes ago, iCypticx said:

Just now, Its_MrMa said:

i'm not sure that the 2060s performs better than the 5700xt... 

o crap you're right. I got them mixed up lol! Sorry abt that. But still the user did mention that it is intended for games such as minecraft. Purely based on preference I would opt for rtx even if it's just a little performance drop. Also nvidia released the rtx audio for rtx gpu's. Pretty sure theres an article in these forums abt it somewhere

1 minute ago, iCypticx said:

o crap you're right. I got them mixed up lol! Sorry abt that. But still the user did mention that it is intended for games such as minecraft. Purely based on preference I would opt for rtx even if it's just a little performance drop. Also nvidia released the rtx audio for rtx gpu's. Pretty sure theres an article in these forums abt it somewhere

still ray tracing for minecraft feasts our eyes on the glory.

9 minutes ago, iCypticx said:

Not necessarily a "little performance drop" even with an i9-9900k and 2080ti the performance drop in most games with RTX enabled is about half. Regular Minecraft is locked at 144fps with my monitor refresh rate at 1440p but when in the RTX beta I only get an average of about 80fps. Metro Exodus and some other titles are about the same, I can very easily get 144fps plus in most games on max settings 1440p but the second RTX comes into play it's about half, there's only a handful of RTX games that don't impact performance as much as some of the others. RTX is an amazing feature but it's still in it's infancy, and in my opinion there are a lot of optimizations that still need to be made. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Not necessarily a "little performance drop" even with an i9-9900k and 2080ti the performance drop in most games with RTX enabled is about half. Regular Minecraft is locked at 144fps with my monitor refresh rate at 1440p but when in the RTX beta I only get an average of about 80fps. Metro Exodus and some other titles are about the same, I can very easily get 144fps plus in most games on max settings 1440p but the second RTX comes into play it's about half, there's only a handful of RTX games that don't impact performance as much as some of the others. RTX is an amazing feature but it's still in it's infancy, and in my opinion there are a lot of optimizations that still need to be made. 

I mean from the comparison of the 5700xt and the 2060s. Sorry for not clarifying!

Just now, iCypticx said:

I mean from the comparison of the 5700xt and the 2060s. Sorry for not clarifying!

If OP doesn't care for RTX then the 5700xt is the better buy, however the Nvidia card would be more reliable, as the current AMD cards are having a slue of driver issues.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

If OP doesn't care for RTX then the 5700xt is the better buy, however the Nvidia card would be more reliable, as the current AMD cards are having a slue of driver issues.

yep! they did issue a bug fix and an update and it DID solve most of the problems on drivers but still I'd rather be safe than sorry.

17 minutes ago, iCypticx said:

yep! they did issue a bug fix and an update and it DID solve most of the problems on drivers but still I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it