Help me please I’m new

Muffin Cake
Go to solution Solved by 5x5,
2 hours ago, Muffin Cake said:

Alright sorry for late reply but what PSU do you think I should get than since you had your opinions on the platinum one. Which PSU should I get to match the R5 1600 AF and gigabyte 1660super. And btw I will upgrade that cpu to a 3600 in the future 

If the platinum nod l is indeed 23$ get that. Else, a Corsair TXM 550W or Be Quiet Pure Power Gold 550W

My Budget is under 700 and I’m in US.

I want my build to be able to stream and game.

I’m looking to upgrade my parts in the future as well so keep that in mind.

out of these 3 builds which one should I go for . 

*ALSO PLEASE* If you see any tweaks I can do to better the build you think i should get  in terms of performance or price. please let me know

First PC

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/V6YdzN

Second PC

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LYMFq3
Last PC

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zYH427

Last PC I think will be best, but you don't need 600W PSU for it. The 500W PSU from build 1 should be enough.

Hmm...  can you get ahold of a 1600af? (The af bit is important) it’s a 1600 built on the same 12nm node as the 2600.  The result is a 1600 that acts a lot like a not real good 2600, and they’re (or used to be) under a Benjamin (barely). Kinda splits the difference between the 2600 and the 3200g. AFAIK a 1650 doesn’t have the NVENC encoder stuff for hardware accelerated streaming like the 1660s do. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Muffin Cake said:

My Budget is under 700 and I’m in US.

I want my build to be able to stream and game.

I’m looking to upgrade my parts in the future as well so keep that in mind.

out of these 3 builds which one should I go for . 

*ALSO PLEASE* If you see any tweaks I can do to better the build you think i should get  in terms of performance or price. please let me know

First PC

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/V6YdzN

Second PC

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LYMFq3
Last PC

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zYH427

I would reccomend this 

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

Remeber to tag people or else they wont see your post.

Just now, NZgamer said:

He wants to stream so a 1660 Super will be a better option because of the NVENC encoder

yeah, the nvenc will be a good choice.

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

2 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ Best Buy)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($64.98 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB OC Video Card  ($269.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case  ($60.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Smart Series 430 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($38.40 @ Amazon)
Custom: 1600AF 12nm ($85.00)
Total: $699.33
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-21 18:45 EDT-0400

This power supply is known for lacking crucial protections and being extremely low quality. Avoid it like corinavirus

1 minute ago, ItzCopiouz said:

My temptation would be to go with the Nvidia stuff instead of the AMD stuff just because of nvenc encoding.  Lower power consumption is nice too because it makes the PSU cheaper, but the nvenc could take a lot of heat off the cpu.
I like AMD GPUs. I’ve got one. Nvidia does have some niche situations and cards though and this particular situation points at a lowball nvenc card.  The 2060ko is another one that has its points if one is going to run specifically blender.  Myself I wouldn’t buy one for any other reason.  If the 590 could nvenc encode it would win.

The max isn’t needed iirc because the cpu is a 1600, and paltnium PSU seems overkill on something this budget oriented. A few bucks more to spend on a pricier if gaming wise not really any better card. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

My temptation would be to go with the Nvidia stuff instead of the AMD stuff just because of nvenc encoding.  Lower power consumption is nice too because it makes the PSU cheaper, but the nvenc could take a lot of heat off the cpu.
I like AMD GPUs. I’ve got one. Nvidia does have some niche situations and cards though and this particular situation points at a lowball nvenc card.  The 2060ko is another one that has its points if one is going to run specifically blender.  Myself I wouldn’t buy one for any other reason.  If the 590 could nvenc encode it would win.

The max isn’t needed iirc because the cpu is a 1600, and paltnium PSU seems overkill on something this budget oriented. A few bucks more to spend on a pricier if gaming wise not really any better card. 

I just noticed it was on sale by a lot, otherwise i wouldn't have put it in, and yes, the 1660 Super is better for streaming, and a tomahawk would work, although Muffin Cake did say that he/she would want to upgrade it in the future.

5 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

He wants to stream so a 1660 Super will be a better option because of the NVENC encoder

I thought all 1660s had nvenc.  Do some of them not?

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

What?

The power supply is one component you never cheap out on. Lest you have a house fire

I just noticed it was on sale by a lot, otherwise i wouldn't have put it in, and yes, the 1660 Super is better for streaming, and a tomahawk would work.

Tomahawk wold work and it’s a nice board.  It’s worth the extra $30 if it is around.  The question is is it around?

I just noticed it was on sale by a lot, otherwise i wouldn't have put it in, and yes, the 1660 Super is better for streaming, and a tomahawk would work.

I'd say drop down to a Pro4 and used the saved money on a 3600. The Tomahawk is overpriced as fuxk

Just now, Bombastinator said:

I thought all 1660s had nvenc.  Do some of them not?

NVENC is Turing only

1 minute ago, NZgamer said:

Nah, someone recommend an RX590

I did, but i forgot that this will stream and the 1660 Super has the encoding.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

What?

The power supply is one component you never cheap out on. Lest you have a house fire

There’s cheaping out and there’s buying only what you need. Something bronze rated and non or semi modular can be had with just as much reliability for less money. 

There’s cheaping out and there’s buying only what you need. Something bronze rated and non or semi modular can be had with just as much reliability for less money. 

The platinum unit is literally cheaper than anything else in this case. You're advocating a senseless downgrade that only makes the system worse 

Also, I've seen gold rated modular power supplies explode. The capacitors were like shrapnel. Ab efficiency ratting is NOT A SIGN OF QUALITY

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Tomahawk wold work and it’s a nice board.  It’s worth the extra $30 if it is around.  The question is is it around?

the max is better than the non max though, riiight?

5 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

I'd say drop down to a Pro4 and used the saved money on a 3600. The Tomahawk is overpriced as fuxk

NVENC is Turing only

If he doesn’t use nvenc for streaming he’s got to go cpu.  Would even a 3609 have the cojones to do streaming and gaming without buckling? I was thinking it would take a 3700x but I could be wrong (it happens a lot really)

3 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

The platinum unit is literally cheaper than anything else in this case. You're advocating a senseless downgrade that only makes the system worse 

Also, I've seen gold rated modular power supplies explode. The capacitors were like shrapnel. Ab efficiency ratting is NOT A SIGN OF QUALITY

You’re saying a safe PSU cannot be had for less tha $230 though. I don’t think that is correct

You’re saying a safe PSU cannot be had for less tha $230 though. I don’t think that is correct

$23, not 230 my friend.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

If he doesn’t use nvenc for streaming he’s got to go cpu.  Would even a 3609 have the cojones to do streaming and gaming without buckling? I was thinking it would take a 3700x but I could be wrong (it happens a lot really)

A 3600 is more than good enough for streaming. Remember, we used to stream with much slower 7700Ks just three years ago

4 minutes ago, ItzCopiouz said:

A tiny bit.  It’s got a larger bios chip.  

A tiny bit.  It’s got a larger bios chip.  

I think the max is a solid choice for many budgets.

5 minutes ago, ItzCopiouz said:

Identical mostly, both overpriced though. Spending over 10% of the budget ona. Board is not wise when even the 60$ Pro4 is more than enough for a 3600

Just now, ItzCopiouz said:

I think the max is a solid choice for many budgets.

No, not really. The only situation in which the Tomahawk is good is when you need a 3900X but can't afford X570

25 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

$23, not 230 my friend.

A 3600 is more than good enough for streaming. Remember, we used to stream with much slower 7700Ks just three years ago

$23 for a safe PSU. I am stupefied.  That’s diablotek money.  I didn’t think safe PSUs existed for much under $70

I might just go buy one myself just on principle.

If it’s $23 and it’s safe it’s a clear winner.  Strikes me as a typo but if it can be had it can be had.

Just now, 5x5 said:

No, not really. The only situation in which the Tomahawk is good is when you need a 3900X but can't afford X570

What about having a 1500 dollar budget with a 3700x and a 2070 Super?