Gionee's 5.5mm thick smartphone can make calls all day

mgsstar

gionee-slim-2014-02-19-01.jpg

Gionee's trying to stand out from the Huaweis and Oppos of smartphone-mad China with its new Elife S5.5, which it claims is the world's thinnest at 5.5mm. If so, that would edge out the 5.75mm Vivo X3, the current champ (for reference, the iPhone 5s is 7.6mm thick). If "battery life" is the first thing that pops into mind for such a phone, Gionee claims it'll last all day like its (much thicker) flagship, the Elife E7, thanks to a 2300mAh battery. Other than that, it's fairly tame with a 5-inch display of unknown resolution, Gionee's "Amigo" Android-based OS, an unspecified 1.7GHz quad-core CPU, 2GB of RAM and 13-megapixel back/5-megapixel front cameras. The 3G model is now up for pre-order in China for around $370, with an LTE version arriving in June. Gionee also said it'll launch in 40 other countries, though eager small-pocketed consumers will have to wait to find out which.

Source:http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/19/gionee-e-life-s-5-5mm-thick-smartphone/

This phone looks pretty nice for a budget phone. The UI icons are simple and clean looking. Wonder what  the full specs of this thin phone (Android version,type of screen, mods on OS). Hope they will also have the Play store included even though its a modded android. For $370, its a pretty competitive price but I think the Nexus 5 would be a better choice. 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

For $370, its a pretty competitive price but I think the Nexus 5 would be a better choice.

Well, the price is going to increase significantly when they add in the 4G radio, but I might look out for this phone nonetheless because as long as it has a fuggin SD card slot, it'll be everything I want.

Error: 410

i have a goniee elife e6 and it is absolute awesome the build is super excellent (unibody polycarbonate) gorgeous 5'' 1080p screen and decent cpu (mt6589) ... though the gpu is on the weak side but it has run all the games i,ve tried on it fine so far. there isn't any lag in the ui most times (a stutter can show up once in a while ). the camera is awesome 13mp. battery life is good... it would give me one day with pretty heavy use (2020 mah i know it looks like a small battery but this has a super efficient cpu  )     ...

this one would most likely have the media tek octa core (mt6592) not a quad core 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

That does seem like a cool phone for the price, but I don't like my phones super thin like that, which is something I like about my G2. It's thin, but not too awfully thin.

As a side note, I'm more excited for the Oppo Find 7, which will more than likely be my next phone if it has 4G/LTE (which I'm sure it will).

COMIC SANS