RGB fans and controller recommendation

RyanLewisBull

I currently have a Spec delta RGB case from Corsair which has 3 rgb 12v analog fans in the front aswell as 1 black fan in the back. Ideally I would like to remove these fans and go full rgb with 6 fans (not for performance just like the look). What would you guys recommend as a set of fans and controller. Preferably under £100?

Rgb stuff in general is famous for its forced proprietary nature and enforced “ecosystems” where only one particular line from one particular manufacturer is compatible with itself.  When you buy RGB stuff make sure your parts will work together.  RGB isn’t blindly modular like the rest of white box parts.  If you’ve got stuff already bought you’re probably locked in already to only one line of products unless you want to abandon the stuff already bought.   This is an old old company behavior.  Very often there is a single critical component that is rampantly over priced which the manufacturer makes most of its money off of.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Closest to your budget, I'd recommend the Corsair SP120 RGB pros (1 triple pack, 3 singles).  Triple pack comes with a Lighting Node Core, which will give you RGB customization through the Corsair iCUE software.  The Lighting Node Core only controls lighting, not fan speed, so you'll need to connect the fans to your motherboard or a separate fan controller like the Commander Pro.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

29 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Rgb stuff in general is famous for its forced proprietary nature and enforced “ecosystems” where only one particular line from one particular manufacturer is compatible with itself.  When you buy RGB stuff make sure your parts will work together.  RGB isn’t blindly modular like the rest of white box parts.  If you’ve got stuff already bought you’re probably locked in already to only one line of products unless you want to abandon the stuff already bought.   This is an old old company behavior.  Very often there is a single critical component that is rampantly over priced which the manufacturer makes most of its money off of.  

Yeah I’ve had to abandon my old case fans

2 minutes ago, Corsair Nick said:

Closest to your budget, I'd recommend the Corsair SP120 RGB pros (1 triple pack, 3 singles).  Triple pack comes with a Lighting Node Core, which will give you RGB customization through the Corsair iCUE software.  The Lighting Node Core only controls lighting, not fan speed, so you'll need to connect the fans to your motherboard or a separate fan controller like the Commander Pro.

Thank you

5 hours ago, RyanLewisBull said:

Yeah I’ve had to abandon my old case fans

If your old fans are non rgb there are a few stick-on things that can make non rgb fans rgb.   Myself I’m avoiding rgb entirely until this stupid proprietary business is over with.  The sort of thing has happened in a lot of systems throughout history.  It almost always fails eventually.  Time is quite variable as to how long it takes, and it doesn’t ALWAYS happen.  Just over 90% of the time.   I had a friend who lost his shirt shorting yahoo in the 90’s did he know yahoo was going down?  Yup.  Was he right? Yup.  The trick is the rule is you have to also know WHEN it was going to go down.  And that he didn’t know.  Will proprietary rgb plugs end?  Yup.  When?  No clue.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.