Blue Light Filter Glasses

mwthomas10

Hi All,

Since college has moved online and all my work and homework (and entertainment) is now done on a screen, I'm noticing a clear increase in eye strain. Accordingly, I'm looking to get some blue light filter glasses. I want to support LTT, and I remember that LTT was sponsored by a blue light filtering glasses company some time ago. Can anybody tell me what company that was, and what the code was? Or if there's somewhere I can find a list of the sponsor links? 

If my memory is wrong, can somebody recommend a favorite blue light filtering glasses company?

Thanks

Michael

| 2014 Retina MacBook Pro 13" |

My gaming desktop -- |Intel Core i7-3820 | ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | 16gb 2133mhz G.Skill Ripjawz X | ASUS DUAL GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Fractal Design Define R5 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm HDD | SeaSonic 760XP2 | Xigmatek Gaia CPU Cooler | LG22MC57HQ 1080p Monitor | Azio MGK1 Keyboard | Logitech G300s Mouse | HyperX Cloud Headset | Windows 10 Pro Insider |

Give softwares like f.lux a try, first. Or enable night light on win10.
Reduce the brightness of you monitor too, as that is the main cause for eye strain.

Personally, I prefer SunsetScreen over f.lux, way more customization options. It used to be free, but author decided to put a coin miner in it now for the "free version".

But, you can find v1.28 online, its the last version before the author went full "fuckyoupayme" mode and still works perfectly on the latest version of win10. (updates since 1.28 are extremely minor anyway, mainly related to the coin miner thing)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Or get f.lux https://justgetflux.com/

Or lower screen brightness.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

I have f.lux and nightshift on my devices, but I read that the software blue light filters like those are not as effective as physical filters like lenses.

My gaming desktop -- |Intel Core i7-3820 | ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | 16gb 2133mhz G.Skill Ripjawz X | ASUS DUAL GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Fractal Design Define R5 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm HDD | SeaSonic 760XP2 | Xigmatek Gaia CPU Cooler | LG22MC57HQ 1080p Monitor | Azio MGK1 Keyboard | Logitech G300s Mouse | HyperX Cloud Headset | Windows 10 Pro Insider |

18 minutes ago, mwthomas10 said:

I have f.lux and nightshift on my devices, but I read that the software blue light filters like those are not as effective as physical filters like lenses.

I had blue light filters glasses before, they are frankly placebo and bullshit. Your eyes are not strained by blue light, it's because you don't blink enough. (among other things)

Actual Doctor(and not a marketing department)'s take on them:

Reducing the brightness of the screen, followed by reducing the colors a bit to 3500K or lower, will help you sleep better, without needing to pay for something you don't actually need. The lower brightness(as low as you can comfortable make it!) will also encourage you to blink more often because you won't be as focused on the bright images.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

The simple things are enough usually. Lower brightness, use bright lights in the room. Take breaks, like keep eyes closed for 5mins every 2h or something like that. If you have actual issues, contact optometrist.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

23 hours ago, TetraSky said:

I had blue light filters glasses before, they are frankly placebo and bullshit. Your eyes are not strained by blue light, it's because you don't blink enough. (among other things)

Actual Doctor(and not a marketing department)'s take on them:

Reducing the brightness of the screen, followed by reducing the colors a bit to 3500K or lower, will help you sleep better, without needing to pay for something you don't actually need. The lower brightness(as low as you can comfortable make it!) will also encourage you to blink more often because you won't be as focused on the bright images.

Thanks! It's not sleep that's the problem for me its that my eyes are just getting so fatigued I'm noticing an actual decrease in my clarity of vision lol. i'll lower to the color temperature and the brightness though that's good to know.

On 4/19/2020 at 12:40 PM, TetraSky said:

I had blue light filters glasses before, they are frankly placebo and bullshit

Agreed. I think people use it as an excuse to wear glasses as they now come in lots of different hipster frame styles.