SSD suddenly went from NTFS to RAW

nielxtian

So yesterday I woke up to my computer experiencing a boot failure, and later discovered that something was wrong with my boot SSD drive since it wasn't booting windows. I tried doing a system repair, system image recovery, and automatic repair but none have worked. Since I am not very knowledgeable in figuring out errors (I can only build and install windows lol) I went and plugged in another SSD with a new fresh windows installed, checked Disk Management and saw that my SSD had turned RAW and the capacity shrunk from the original 250 GB to 111 GB. I can't figure out a way to recover my files so if anybody could help me figure out how to do so, that would be great. Especially since there's this c*vid thing going on and I have quite some important files in it that I had forgotten to backup to my HDD, not expecting such thing to happen to an SSD. 

I have also tried using EaseUS Partition Master but I kept getting bad blocks and haven't been able to move on from the system scan. But my CrystalDiskInfo says that the drive is in good condition 100%. For now I have removed the broken SSD from my system to prevent any more damage. The SSD is an ADATA SU650 250 GB.

Cheers!

Don't know if I need to attach my system specs but here it is anyway.

System:

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GB OC

RAM: G-SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series (2x4GB) 

PSU: EVGA 450W BR 80+ Bronze

Storage: ADATA SU630 SSD 250 GB (Boot drive)

WD Blue 1TB HDD (Secondary drive)

ADATA SU650 SSD 250 GB (Broken SSD boot drive)

You will likely have to contact professional recovery services if you need the data. If even the reported raw size is wrong and you get access errors then something is very wrong with the controller.

As usual with recovery anything you do reduces your chances of getting data back so avoid messing more with it.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Corrupted ntfs can be read as no format.  Particularly by windows which reads many different formats other that the ones it likes as no format.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Probably failed a Windows Update. Windows is a cunt and won't allow you to mount it. It probably doesn't have a readable partition for Windows. Try booting into an operating system from a flashdrive such as Ubuntu or Linux Mint

13 hours ago, Wofly_ said:

Probably failed a Windows Update. Windows is a cunt and won't allow you to mount it. It probably doesn't have a readable partition for Windows. Try booting into an operating system from a flashdrive such as Ubuntu or Linux Mint

I'm not much of a tech/coding person but I am willing to give that a try. Do you have some sort of guide I can follow?