Rummor: New Xbox Will Be Called Xbox Infinity (leaked Image)

GoodBytes

Hello,

While this is a mainly PC forum, there is no reason not get some console news here. I mean many PC gamer here, do have at least 1 console on the side for their exclusive game, or just want a different experience that the PC can't provide. Anyway,

Forbes is reporting that the next generation XBox will be called: XBox Infinity.

29721_xbox-infinity-2-300x197.png

The image above is said to be a leaked image of the official Xbox Infinity logo.

Source: http://www.dailytech.com/Next+Generation+Xbox+May+Be+Called+Xbox+Infinity/article30443.htm

This is a good name, and most likely true. The focus of the new XBox is living room entertainment, not primarily gaming. You could see this the switch by looking at the XBox 360 now, and Microsoft slowly dropping Windows Media Center. Basically, Microsoft for a super long time (since 1998'ish) wanted to have a computer in computer living room. Media Center never picked up due to cost, and lack of support from hardware and TV providers. With the success of the XBox, Microsoft used that as a gateway to do this. And the Xbox 360 is a perfect example of this. As the slogan of the XBox Infinity says that it can do anything in entertainment depict just that. It does gaming, but also a complement TV with an overlay media-center like system, getting you external information related to sport or/and weather and/or news. (Sports for sure, it's very sport game oriented gaming console), and that you have all sorts of services like the WiiU, where you have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and XBox Music.

It has been so many years since I bought gaming console (Playstation 1, xbox, gamecube).

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

I'd much rather they just come out with gaming oriented PCs rather than all this console crap.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

I'd much rather they just come out with gaming oriented PCs rather than all this console crap.

Why? You have Origin PC, Alienware, and all the specialty brands already, and of course custom build.

Dear god, no just no. What the hell kind of name is 'Xbox Infinity'.

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

Why? You have Origin PC, Alienware, and all the specialty brands already, and of course custom build.

Alienware is pure, overpriced crap. And we all know it's going to happen eventually. So why not just skip all this beating around the bush and get straight to it.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Can't be bothered with what they're gonna call it. The only thing that matters about the new generation of consoles is how they will affect the way games are developed in the future, cause most PC games these days are ports.(Le sigh...)

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

So there logo is a pre-existing symbol with xbox written on it. Wow. Microsoft's graphic design department really went to town on this. Helvetica and a pre-existing symbol. Talk about cliché and unimaginative.

Alienware is pure, overpriced crap. And we all know it's going to happen eventually. So why not just skip all this beating around the bush and get straight to it.

Not really. What you ignore is the time you spend doing reearch in building your own computer, plus the time you build it, plus testing, plus any technical support, and the convience of having 1 person/company to call for any hardware related issue under the warranty period you select, and of course, the knowlege that they have over yours (assuming you don't have the knolege, else you will be building your own computer already). And of course, you got to have to have a rpofut to be a sustainable buisness.

And in any case, you have Origin PC, which is the initial created of lienware, that made this company, after Dell aquisition, to return to its roots.

If Microosft made a gaming PC, it will be at best, like Origin PC, maybe with the outside computer case of those special computer builder shops.

The price will be still be high, and overpriced.

So why not just skip all this beating around the bush and get straight to it.

Because of money.

Eh... If thats the final name I think Microsoft could od better. "Did you get your Infinity yet"? that just sounds wierd.

Not yet.

I see dead people

That wouldn't be a smart move business wise. The average joe doesn't want to or simply can't spend that kind of money on new hardware frequently just to keep up with the times. Most also wouldn't be able to upgrade certain parts on their own. That's never going to happen. Also, piracy is a concern and companies like Microsoft or Sony actually lose money, when they launch a new console at $500+.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

That wouldn't be a smart move business wise. The average joe doesn't want to or simply can't spend that kind of money on new hardware frequently just to keep up with the times. Most also wouldn't be able to upgrade certain parts on their own. That's never going to happen. Also, piracy is a concern and companies like Microsoft or Sony actually lose money, when they launch a new console at $500+.

THey don't need to follow the hardware curve. Just release a gaming PC with borderline specs.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

You mean like the Alienware X51?

7282.X51-vert-and-horiz.jpg

Now I know what you are goin to say... overpriced, underpower.

Let's remove 100$. making it 600$ for a GeForce 640 inside... ouch is the reaction people will have.

My point is that unless it has a 660Ti inside (or of course the equivalent from AMD), it will be bashed.

As much I want to realy agree with you, because I am tired of all the crap that OEM releases, and I am willing to pay the premium for a solid, high-quality, junk free system, with OS disk and everything, it sadly will not be accepted. (I so want to buy the Surface Pro.. but I want Haswell due to finally be something I can call a GPU, and I need more than 5-6h of battery life typing/writhing notes (as battery life over time, degrade, so I need to buy something more than what I need))

Already Razor first laptop was bashed down like crazy. It's their first laptop, let alone any sort of PC, and people bashed it because it's too pricey because the GPU is a bit on the weak side, despite bringing super solid build quality, some how manage to make the laptop cool and quiet durnig normal usage, and have innovative features.

This makes sense you guys. Good branding on their part too. The infinity symbol looks like a sideways 8 which goes in line with Microsoft's goal to unify their platforms. If any of you own an Xbox you'd know that the dashboard heavily resembles Win 8/RT/WP8 so it only makes sense to elaborate on that.

Just my $0.02 though.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

This makes sense you guys. Good branding on their part too. The infinity symbol looks like a sideways 8 which goes in line with Microsoft's goal to unify their platforms. If any of you own an Xbox you'd know that the dashboard heavily resembles Win 8/RT/WP8 so it only makes sense to elaborate on that.

Just my $0.02 though.

Didn't think of it that way, completely agree as well.

Sideways 8, nice idea.

Its a shame games are designed to run on consoles, then, ported to pcs. Games wuold be much more efficient if they were designed for pcs.

Build: Fx-8120@4.1ghz,  Gtx770@1.0ghz,  16gb Patriot memory,  Cheap case from thermaltake

228835302.jpg

1000 points to Sony for having the common sense to number their systems. Doesnt really matter what its called unless you are trying to explain the history of a console to someone outside of gaming.

Does anyone remember the Buzz Lightyear cartoon? That was a sweet cartoon, im just sayin.

Its a shame games are designed to run on consoles, then, ported to pcs. Games wuold be much more efficient if they were designed for pcs.

I entirely agree with you.

I dont understand why developers do this, at all. It would be way easier to scale down then to scale up. Its like trying to add more pixels to an image.... Its just stupid.

1000 points to Sony for having the common sense to number their systems. Doesnt really matter what its called unless you are trying to explain the history of a console to someone outside of gaming.

Does anyone remember the Buzz Lightyear cartoon? That was a sweet cartoon, im just sayin.

"To infinity ... and beyond!"

Why buy an Xbox 2 when the ps3 is out? 3>2, there it's better, right? Thus 3(60). Infinity isn't bad.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Why buy an Xbox 2 when the ps3 is out? 3>2, there it's better, right? Thus 3(60). Infinity isn't bad.

What I don't get is that "360" is already in a loop, or infinity. So Xbox Infinity is technically the same name as Xbox 360. You're just going around in circles.

What else could they call it though? 720? Just as bad tbh. After 360 there's nowhere to go really.

console = 'pile of crap'

print('consoles are a {}'.format(console))

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |