Smart Plugs

Ricotta Elmar

hey guys,

could not find a fitting topic for stuff like this so i post it here

i have a question, i am looking for smart plughs that can measure the power use hourly/daily/weekly

i am searching for one that can calculate costs, and have wifi

also, i want once that i can trust and accurate ,

there are many out there but i dont know if they are trust worthy  and accurate,

maby some of you guys have more experience with them and can tell me what once i can trust

not to expansive either

tp-link eh, i had a router in the past, of them 1043nd, it was ok but not what i expected , even the linksys wrt54g did a beter job while it was old and slower

tp-link looks like ot main stream instead focusing on their products if they do the job as they should

37 minutes ago, WesleyNL said:

tp-link eh, i had a router in the past, of them 1043nd, it was ok but not what i expected , even the linksys wrt54g did a beter job while it was old and slower

tp-link looks like ot main stream instead focusing on their products if they do the job as they should

I've had 4 of them scattered through my house for about 2-ish years now and haven't had a single problem. Even with my messing with my wireless they always reconnect too after I break something :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 hour ago, WesleyNL said:

Every manufacturer will have shitty models, it's not about a specific brand, it's about specific models.

I have a shitty TP-Link VDSL modem, but I also have fantastic APs (EAP225). It's going to be similar with smart plugs. Looks for models with good reviews and forget about the brand.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 hour ago, WesleyNL said:

Ive never used a router from them but i have 10 tp link plugs, 4 tp link cameras, and probably 15 tp link lights and ive never had issues with them.

I cant say there isnt better options though as i havent tried any other besides the hue.

Also have 6 TP link smart switches and 6 TP link smart plugs. Work flawlessly.

Models HS103, HS105, HS200, HS210

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

humm k i will give it a shot , though they arnt as compact as those square once i saw from a other brand i don't know off

since i am eu 230v the space between them are pretty small, also i want to monitor each socked of a strip ,and i googled but there are not many strips out there that can monitor each port

earthed.png

non earthed.png

I think paying a bit more is worth it but they are always limited by the speed of the connection. Mine have 100Mb/s plugs so only ever reach 90ish Mb/s despite having “250Mb/s” plastered all over them.

I would bet wireless ones to the device is probably faster than the eventual ethernet connection to the router/switch. 

As with all networks, they are only as good as their weakest/slowest component. In this case its often the Ethernet connection to the router that is the limiting factor.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz