PC turned off during operation not starting

Unbashed

Hey guys,

I was just browsing the web when my pc suddenly turned off. It was running without huge problems since mid 2018. 

The Setup:

Asus ROG Maximus X Code

i7 8086k (basically 8700k)

2x Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Ghz

Asus GTX 1080 Ti

The LEDs of the mainboard were still lid, but pressing the power button didn't turn it back on. What I tried:

Removing everything but Mainboard, CPU, Cooler and try to turn it on -> didn't work

Replace PSU with a really old one (not 100% sure that it is working, will check tomorrow with a PSU which 100% works) -> nothing as well

Which part might be broken here? CPU or Mainboard?

I am glad for any help

What PSU(s)?

Did you try clearing the CMOS and switching to another BIOS?

What exactly happens when you power on?  Do the fans spin at all?  If the fans do not spin, that's bad.   It means the board is getting standby power but not full power.

Did you try the onboard power button on the motherboard and NOT the case power button?  Most motherboards have an onboard power button.

What happens if you disconnect all of the "Case jumpers" from the onboard jumper block and then try to power on with the onboard power button?

Could very well be something that died on the motherboard, unfortunately.

If a known working good PSU doesn't work, then your only thing you can do is to take each component off the motherboard and test then in a compatible motherboard (which sucks and can get expensive).

Sorry totally forgot the PSU - it is a Corsair HX850i

When I power on nothing happens, no error/status code on the display, no fans spinning. I have already removed all of the jumpers/cables from the mainboard and tried using the button on the mainboard. It seems that it gets standby power, but not full power.

I will grab a working PSU tomorrow from my brother, unfortunately he uses ryzen so I cannot test the mainboard.