Frustrated and I don’t know what else to do.

Hello

I’m having an issue with my PC. When I watch any YouTube video or Twitch stream, my PC will restart. My screen and all of my peripherals turn off but my case lights and fans stay on. Then my PC just reboots and everything turns back on. I could only get it to do this while watching YouTube. 

I Tried

- using UDD to uninstall and reinstall graphics drivers

- turning flash off in browser

- making sure auto restart isn’t checked

- all temps are normal 

I have used memtest86 to test the ram and I did have errors. This RAM is only a month old so I don’t think it’s that but who knows?

Specs 

- Ryzen 3700x

- Rx 580

- Gigabyte GA-AX370M-DS3H

- 4x Hyper X Fury DDR4 2666

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I’ve been at this for a few days now and I haven’t gotten anywhere. Thank you. 

power supply?

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

12 minutes ago, GrockleTD said:

power supply?

Would the PSU only act up while I’m watching YouTube? I’ve been playing Doom Eternal, Resident Evil 2 and other newer titles and I haven’t had it restart once. 

is xmp on? that happened to me when my memory is unstable.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

4 minutes ago, MartinKweh said:

is xmp on? that happened to me when my memory is unstable.

It’s disabled. 

30 minutes ago, PyschRock72 said:

Hello

I’m having an issue with my PC. When I watch any YouTube video or Twitch stream, my PC will restart. My screen and all of my peripherals turn off but my case lights and fans stay on. Then my PC just reboots and everything turns back on. I could only get it to do this while watching YouTube. 

I Tried

- using UDD to uninstall and reinstall graphics drivers

- turning flash off in browser

- making sure auto restart isn’t checked

- all temps are normal 

I have used memtest86 to test the ram and I did have errors. This RAM is only a month old so I don’t think it’s that but who knows?

Specs 

- Ryzen 3700x

- Rx 580

- Gigabyte GA-AX370M-DS3H

- 4x Hyper X Fury DDR4 2666

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I’ve been at this for a few days now and I haven’t gotten anywhere. Thank you. 

Had the exact same problem on a machine, having it run updates fixxed it.
(The problem be sudden power off during browser work but gaming was no problem also using media player instead of browser kept it on.)

(ofcourse after i tried all, RAM reseating al cables even the CPU).

Guessing it was a rogue update that didnt sit well.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

4 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Had the exact same problem on a machine, having it run updates fixxed it.
(The problem be sudden power off during browser work but gaming was no problem also using media player instead of browser kept it on.)

(ofcourse after i tried all, RAM reseating al cables even the CPU).

Guessing it was a rogue update that didnt sit well.

What exactly do you mean by run updates? Just so I can give it a try. 

22 minutes ago, PyschRock72 said:

What exactly do you mean by run updates? Just so I can give it a try. 

I was having the troubles while trying everything, after updates (windows 10 updates, sorry i should have mentioned) the problem was not there anymore.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

From what you described, it sounds like a memory error to me.  Can you try running your PC with just 2 sticks of RAM (Mix and match) to see if there is any difference?  (Mind the slot priority)

7 hours ago, xentropa said:

From what you described, it sounds like a memory error to me.  Can you try running your PC with just 2 sticks of RAM (Mix and match) to see if there is any difference?  (Mind the slot priority)

I ran all the sticks in every combination that I could. I even tried running just one stick at a time and every stick of ram booted fine but my pc still restarted when I was watching a video.