Help! First time build - can’t get build to post

Go to solution Solved by johnnyberwick97,
1 hour ago, Applefreak said:

Just found another post here, you are not the first one with that specific issue. LINK

I figured it out! Had my HDMI cable plugged into my motherboard and not the graphics card (slots are covered pretty well on the GPU) 

thanks for your help :)

Hi there

I was wondering if you could help!

Attempting to to put together by first pc and I have ran into an issue (seemingly with the GPU).

My build is:

Ryzen 5 3600 with stock cooler

ASUS TUF gaming x570 plus

16gb ddr4 3600 ram

Asus GeForce RTX 2070 super 8gb dual evo

WD Black SN750 512gb

corsair TX850M 80 plus gold PSU

i put together my test bench to see if it would post and my motherboard gets stuck at the white led (signalling GPU issue), then the green light also comes on.

Ive checked all cabling, reset CMOS, taken out everything and tried each component one by one to check if it would work. 

This is my only PC so I don’t have a GPU I could use to make sure that is definitely the issue.

please let me know if there is anything else I should try.  Going to try return the GPU and get another to check if that’s the issue.

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Did you connect the GPUs power cables?

Yes connected the PCI express wire from graphics card to PSU.  The the fan spins for a couple seconds then stops.

1 hour ago, Applefreak said:

Just found another post here, you are not the first one with that specific issue. LINK

I figured it out! Had my HDMI cable plugged into my motherboard and not the graphics card (slots are covered pretty well on the GPU) 

thanks for your help :)