How long until miners drive the price of the 750Ti through the roof?

Mining historically used more power than gaming. The ASUS 750 Ti cost the same as every other 750 Ti in Canada and $5 more in the US. 

it doesn`t matter. the 750 Ti stock uses 66 W in furmark but that doesn`t matter. even if you go with asus you need to oc the card very hard to pass 75W. so you don`t if you want longevity. an oc on cards with no power connector is enough and will not pass 75W because it can`t

who pays for windows? O.o

I pay for Windows.

One can only hope.

Though, I kind of hope they turn out to be better, and everyone gives up buying AMD cards. I have a feeling I'm going AMD with my next build because it'll be heavily based around StarCitizen and Mantle.

Well, CIG are going to have Star Citizen support Mantle, but I doubt that they'd leave the greens in the dust, Chris wouldn't do that. I'll be going Nvidia for my next upgrade. Whilst AMD have Mantle, Nvidia are leading the charge in performance. I'm super excited to see what they have planned for Maxwell and even Volta next year. Hopefully DirectX will be better in the future as well.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Woooooow. finally mining is atractive again in germany. :D Dat damn electricity costs made it unprofitable to mine but with 750 Tis.... hmmmmm. nah, not gonna bother with it, 750 Tis suck. :D

who cares...

A 750 Ti may get 300 kH but an older 7950 will push 650 kH and can be found for about £20 more in the UK. Double the performance for another £20. Anyone want mine? ;)

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

and it will generate less heat and the stock ones dont take up a lot of space so you could put my gpus in one rig 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

So I read a post in another thread, did a little looking and apparently the 750Ti can get 300 kh/s.

At first glance you're probably thinking that it's not that great.

But consider this. The card uses only 60 watts. This means you can get a much cheaper power supply. It's also cheaper than the 270.

Most 270's are ~$259. (some much higher)

The 750Ti's are ~$149.

So we'll say for an easier comparison that you can get 2 750Ti's for the price of 1 270.

Set up a rig.

6x 270s cost ~$1800 and consume 900w. 2700 kh/s.

For the same price you can get 12x 750Tis, consume 720w, and get a 3600 kh/s.

I know not everyone will set up a rig like this, but lets face it. Some will. That's why NewEgg sells bundles.

We'll use a Doge calculator as an example with $0.10 kw/h.

The 270s earn you ~$12.51/day

The 750Tis earn you ~$17.83/day

That's about an extra $165/month from the 750Ti's.

That extra can add another card to the array, per month, and you're only out of pocket $54.72 instead of $64.80 for power. Free pint at the bar.

Now, if I did all my calculations correctly and it holds true, do you think this means that miners are going to scoop up the 750Ti?

If I was going to do a mining build, this is the way I'd go.

Even worse, if the higher end Maxwell cards perform much, much better when it comes to mining and have a lower TDP, I think we'll see prices sky rocket.

What are your guys thoughts?

EDIT: I should probably note that I didn't mean thoughts on the 750Ti as a mining card, but rather if you think it'll cause a price increase with Maxwell cards.

I figured I'd flesh it out a bit since if I just put the fact that the 750Ti got 300 kh/s everyone would say how that sucks compared to AMD, not thinking it fully through.

I know you got that number from me and my very unresearched reddit source, don't go scooping them up just yet. Wait for some people to share what kh/s they get with it. That reddit post could be completely wrong

Power consumption is the main reason they're better.

Cheaper components, lower overhead. If power is expensive where you live, this is an excellent way to get into it. If it's cheap, it's not as much of a difference.

In Europe for example where it's 0.30 kw/h this makes perfect sense.

Plus Aus get's molested pricing wise anyway.

molested indeed...

I got money on next tuesday, that's when they will inflate.

In order to compare GPU's don't use an abstract, and always changing "potential" profits.  Compare them by calculating the hashrate per dollar.  This makes comparing sales easier by placing all GPU's from low to high end on an equal and balanced playing field.

Divide the average estimated hashrate by the cost of the GPU.  Cheapest 750Ti I found in Canada was $170; This gives a decent ratio of 1.76K/hash per Canadian Dollar, assuming the 300 K/hash estimate is accurate and true of the majority of card, not just the rare high performing card.

In comparison a 280X which has a good estimate of 730K/hash can be found for $425.  Calculating out to 1.71K/hash, this is a fairly modest estimate as some cards have been known to achieve upwards of 750 - 800 K/hash.

At first glance, it appears you may have found a very good deal, but PCI slots come at a premium for mining rigs.  If you have a small miner or current computer you want to add an extra card at low costs, this might not be a bad choice.  As a mining standpoint, the potentially cheaper K/hash and very minor energy savings may not be worth the cost of extra hardware to achieve equal hashrates on larger miners at the same cost.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Aftermarket 750 Ti have PCI-E connector.

Not all do, for example the msi one doesnt

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

A 750 Ti may get 300 kH but an older 7950 will push 650 kH and can be found for about £20 more in the UK. Double the performance for another £20. Anyone want mine? ;)

20 for a 7950??? havent seen any 7950 go that low! Only seen a 7970 for 9€(ram didnt work)

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Well, CIG are going to have Star Citizen support Mantle, but I doubt that they'd leave the greens in the dust, Chris wouldn't do that. I'll be going Nvidia for my next upgrade. Whilst AMD have Mantle, Nvidia are leading the charge in performance. I'm super excited to see what they have planned for Maxwell and even Volta next year. Hopefully DirectX will be better in the future as well.

True but if everything holds true to claims Mantle will blow Nvidia's offerings out of the water when it comes to a game like Star Citizen. It will be a lot closer to what the Starswarm demo is like, than a game like BF4 where the improvement is there but not massive. 

I know you got that number from me and my very unresearched reddit source, don't go scooping them up just yet. Wait for some people to share what kh/s they get with it. That reddit post could be completely wrong

Haha, yeah I looked it up after you mentioned it.

In order to compare GPU's don't use an abstract, and always changing "potential" profits.  Compare them by calculating the hashrate per dollar.  This makes comparing sales easier by placing all GPU's from low to high end on an equal and balanced playing field.

Divide the average estimated hashrate by the cost of the GPU.  Cheapest 750Ti I found in Canada was $170; This gives a decent ratio of 1.76K/hash per Canadian Dollar, assuming the 300 K/hash estimate is accurate and true of the majority of card, not just the rare high performing card.

In comparison a 280X which has a good estimate of 730K/hash can be found for $425.  Calculating out to 1.71K/hash, this is a fairly modest estimate as some cards have been known to achieve upwards of 750 - 800 K/hash.

At first glance, it appears you may have found a very good deal, but PCI slots come at a premium for mining rigs.  If you have a small miner or current computer you want to add an extra card at low costs, this might not be a bad choice.  As a mining standpoint, the potentially cheaper K/hash and very minor energy savings may not be worth the cost of extra hardware to achieve equal hashrates on larger miners at the same cost.

That does make a huge amount of sense, however it also fails to factor in the cost of electricity, which can be a huge deciding factor in some areas.

I think you guys kind of missed the point. It wasn't if I was going to use these as a mining card, but rather if the numbers hold true, if it will drive up the price of 750Ti's and more importantly the higher end card to come as they would undoubtedly provide substantially better performance.

I included numbers because people would likely look at the hash only, not the power consumed.

I suppose I should have put a ton of bolded if's in there, but it was quite late.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

20 for a 7950??? havent seen any 7950 go that low! Only seen a 7970 for 9€(ram didnt work)

Pretty sure you just misread my comment. I said £20 MORE than a GTX 750 Ti.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Pretty sure you just misread my comment. I said £20 MORE than a GTX 750 Ti.

Prices aren't like that everywhere though, especially in North America. ;)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I'm not too worried about the 750Ti, but I am worried about the rest of the Maxwell cards when they come out. If they all perform as well as the 750Ti, then they might all shoot up in price like AMD cards did. 

People are having eggs about the 750ti but it is the stupid sibling of Maxwell that everyone wishes never exists. High end Maxwell will destroy the 750ti for mining and it probably will not need a lot of power. AMD mining rigs might be obsolete in one generation. I don't know about anyone else but this scares me.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

The 750 Ti has a TDP of 60W but in reality uses more power that that. You will also need to take into account the cost of another motherboard, CPU, PSU, HDD, Windows license.

LINUX!!!

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

True but if everything holds true to claims Mantle will blow Nvidia's offerings out of the water when it comes to a game like Star Citizen. It will be a lot closer to what the Starswarm demo is like, than a game like BF4 where the improvement is there but not massive

It won't. People keep saying this, but it won't. Don't you think Nvidia will take into account what mantle performance will be like when they release the 800 series? If there is a situation where AMD's top offering is faster Nvidia will just release a 880 Ti like they did with the 290X-780 scenario.

Also, you underestimate how much of a difference G-Sync makes. It's freaking awesome. It means that you don't need 60fps anymore. 30fps looks as smooth as 60fps does now. Assuming one invests in both an 880 and a G-Sync monitor, I would wager it to be a better experience than what Mantle does. In an ideal world of course, these two companies would open up their technologies to one another.

People are having eggs about the 750ti but it is the stupid sibling of Maxwell that everyone wishes never exists. High end Maxwell will destroy the 750ti for mining and it probably will not need a lot of power. AMD mining rigs might be obsolete in one generation. I don't know about anyone else but this scares me.

I'm kind of hoping that the rest of the Maxwell cards don't do well when mining and that the 750/ti is just a one off. Or maybe the tables will turn again and AMD will become the price to performance leaders again. 

So I read a post in another thread, did a little looking and apparently the 750Ti can get 300 kh/s.

At first glance you're probably thinking that it's not that great.

But consider this. The card uses only 60 watts. This means you can get a much cheaper power supply. It's also cheaper than the 270.

Most 270's are ~$259. (some much higher)

The 750Ti's are ~$149.

So we'll say for an easier comparison that you can get 2 750Ti's for the price of 1 270.

Set up a rig.

6x 270s cost ~$1800 and consume 900w. 2700 kh/s.

For the same price you can get 12x 750Tis, consume 720w, and get a 3600 kh/s.

I know not everyone will set up a rig like this, but lets face it. Some will. That's why NewEgg sells bundles.

We'll use a Doge calculator as an example with $0.10 kw/h.

The 270s earn you ~$12.51/day

The 750Tis earn you ~$17.83/day

That's about an extra $165/month from the 750Ti's.

That extra can add another card to the array, per month, and you're only out of pocket $54.72 instead of $64.80 for power. Free pint at the bar.

Now, if I did all my calculations correctly and it holds true, do you think this means that miners are going to scoop up the 750Ti?

If I was going to do a mining build, this is the way I'd go.

Even worse, if the higher end Maxwell cards perform much, much better when it comes to mining and have a lower TDP, I think we'll see prices sky rocket.

What are your guys thoughts?

EDIT: I should probably note that I didn't mean thoughts on the 750Ti as a mining card, but rather if you think it'll cause a price increase with Maxwell cards.

I figured I'd flesh it out a bit since if I just put the fact that the 750Ti got 300 kh/s everyone would say how that sucks compared to AMD, not thinking it fully through.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-OC-1059MHz-DL-DVI-D-Graphics/dp/B00I5ZYI5A/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1392834022&sr=1-3&keywords=750+ti

is it this card correct ( maxwell )??\

I'm kind of hoping that the rest of the Maxwell cards don't do well when mining and that the 750/ti is just a one off. Or maybe the tables will turn again and AMD will become the price to performance leaders again. 

There are many reasons I don't see AMD being as good as Nvidia next generation. Maxwell's focus is Power efficiency and the 750ti shows they mean business. The way maxwell is supposed to work is it adds extra modules to regulate the workloads of the CUDA cores so the cores themselves don't have to regulate themselves thus reducing power consumption and boosting performance per clock. The 750ti has proven itself to be a formidable miner and it crushes everything AMD has on power consumption.

What makes a good mining card is hash per power drawn. That is why the 280x is better than the 290, it is more power efficient. So if AMD increases performance by lets say 30% which is a stretch but only improves power consumption by 5% Nvidia will dominate them in performance/power drawn even though AMD is still much better at mining.

That is only from a technological standpoint but in terms of market competition I think Nvidia wants nothing more than to be able to charge a lot for their cards because they are better in the long term than AMD's in mining. Nvidia is not oblivious of the inflated prices for AMD and I am sure they want in on that action.

It looks bad to me :/

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

To get the max hashrate, you will need the latest version of CudaMiner which is only available for Windows.

Then run a demo of Windows. If it's a dedicated mining rig, you won't need the additional features of a fully licensed copy.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

We should all be thankful that we don't live in Brazil, where importing a video card costs $1600. $750 for the card, $850 in duty, tariffs and taxes.

But yes, that's also bad. Though look where you live. I'd pay more to live there. Your minimum wage is also $13.75 which is not too shabby at all.

Adopt me :(

Haha yeah min wage is pretty damn good i must admit and sorry man full house :L

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

There are many reasons I don't see AMD being as good as Nvidia next generation. Maxwell's focus is Power efficiency and the 750ti shows they mean business. The way maxwell is supposed to work is it adds extra modules to regulate the workloads of the CUDA cores so the cores themselves don't have to regulate themselves thus reducing power consumption and boosting performance per clock. The 750ti has proven itself to be a formidable miner and it crushes everything AMD has on power consumption.

What makes a good mining card is hash per power drawn. That is why the 280x is better than the 290, it is more power efficient. So if AMD increases performance by lets say 30% which is a stretch but only improves power consumption by 5% Nvidia will dominate them in performance/power drawn even though AMD is still much better at mining.

That is only from a technological standpoint but in terms of market competition I think Nvidia wants nothing more than to be able to charge a lot for their cards because they are better in the long term than AMD's in mining. Nvidia is not oblivious of the inflated prices for AMD and I am sure they want in on that action.

It looks bad to me :/

I have to agree that it looks like the next set of cards are going to be more expensive because of miners, both for AMD and Nvidia. Good job I'm buying my new cards now and shouldn't have to worry for a while 

It won't. People keep saying this, but it won't. Don't you think Nvidia will take into account what mantle performance will be like when they release the 800 series? If there is a situation where AMD's top offering is faster Nvidia will just release a 880 Ti like they did with the 290X-780 scenario.

Also, you underestimate how much of a difference G-Sync makes. It's freaking awesome. It means that you don't need 60fps anymore. 30fps looks as smooth as 60fps does now. Assuming one invests in both an 880 and a G-Sync monitor, I would wager it to be a better experience than what Mantle does. In an ideal world of course, these two companies would open up their technologies to one another.

You really can't say that, as the game isn't out and benchmarks aren't available. Linus had a good point, that in Star Citizen there are hundreds of AI in a battle at once, and this is where Mantle shines. For all you know, it could be a massive, massive improvement over DX. Or not. We don't know. It's a very moot point to argue.

I don't think Nvidia will target Mantle directly, at least not with it's next generation. It's too soon after Mantle's release. Think about it, why would you throw everything into a card to beat an API that is only used in a few games? You don't. You look at the big picture, where AMD still falls slightly behind.

GSync sounds great, it does. However right now the hardware just isn't there. The only GSync monitor I'd even consider, is the ROG one and at $2,000 for a pair of displays? No thanks. I'd rather have IPS monitors for a lot less. Though I will hold off total judgement until some really in depth reviews are done on their 8bit TN panel.

Haha yeah min wage is pretty damn good i must admit and sorry man full house :L

Your climate is pretty sweet, I don't mind staying in the yard. I can bring my own tarpaulin. :)

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler