One plus and coronavirus

ISmokeAir

I know this isn't very tech related but anyway. Many of you know that the new one plus 8 has launched. I recommended this phone to one of my friends and he said that he isn't going to change his phone because it has coronavirus. I tried to explain to him that there isn't such a possibility, but he don't listen. So I would like to bomb him with actual facts that have been researched and published. So please send me some facts. 

I let phones and computers get to the absolute very end of their life before I replace them.

17 minutes ago, ISmokeAir said:

but he don't listen. So I would like to bomb him with actual facts that have been researched and published. So please send me some facts. 

Why?

You gave advice and now it is up to him.

23 minutes ago, andyGstl said:

I let phones and computers get to the absolute very end of their life before I replace them.

Ya his phone lags on YouTube 1080p

21 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Why?

You gave advice and now it is up to him.

I woul like to give him actual facts

So is he one of those 5G is the reason for Corona people? Then no facts will change his mind. 404 no brain found.

An article for your friend in simple english explaining 5G: https://www.androidauthority.com/what-is-5g-mmwave-933631/

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

So is he one of those 5G is the reason for Corona people? Then no facts will change his mind. 404 no brain found.

No, he just thinks that the package might have the virus

4 minutes ago, ISmokeAir said:

No, he just thinks that the package might have the virus

Arh lolz. Yeah alright.. Just buy some hand sanitizer/Isopropyl alcohol and wipe the packaging, phone etc... Wash hands, problem solved, thread avoided :D

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Whether the virus could or could not spread via a package, I won't discuss that.

Let's just be adults about this and look at this from another way.

Maybe your friend is also a human, who can make his own decisions. Perhaps he does not want a new phone and would rather spend the money in another way. He knows you are passionate about this and so he thought of  an excuse so you would leave the subject alone.

Or maybe he just does not have the money for such a luxury device at the moment and does not want to say that?

I don't know this person and could not know what drove him to this decision.. But maybe you don't know his full story too and are just trying to make a purchasing decision for someone else now/

It sounds to me like you want him to get a new phone, more than he perhaps wants/needs this phone.

Don't 'bomb him with actual facts' and leave it alone.

Let this person make their own financial decisions.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

26 minutes ago, ISmokeAir said:

Ya his phone lags on YouTube 1080p

Ok. That makes sense. I think I let my youtube run at 720. I mainly just listen to music when I work, so video quality isn't my concern over being connected.