Help Running Atari 2600 on New TV

avrona

This might be a bit too old compared to most consoles talked about here but oh well. In essence the light on the Atari is on, and it's connecting straight to the antenna jack on the TV. Tried both channels 2 and 3 like it says everywhere but nowhere I've found what to do if you get no signal on both of those channels. I've ran channel searches for analog channels several times and it hasn't found any channels. Any ideas on what to do?

3 minutes ago, avrona said:

This might be a bit too old compared to most consoles talked about here but oh well. In essence the light on the Atari is on, and it's connecting straight to the antenna jack on the TV. Tried both channels 2 and 3 like it says everywhere but nowhere I've found what to do if you get no signal on both of those channels. I've ran channel searches for analog channels several times and it hasn't found any channels. Any ideas on what to do?

Since it's an rca jack you can get a convertor that will adapt it to plenty of video and audio outs.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Since it's an rca jack you can get a convertor that will adapt it to plenty of video and audio outs.

Do I need a converter then? Can't I run straight from the the normal antenna cable?

Modern TVs no longer have analogue tuners (RF), only digital tuners.

One option you have is to buy a converter that converts RF to something else

Keep in mind that not all tuners / converters support channel 3 (i think it's default on atari) ... for exampel see the review / feedback on this converter : Amazon.com: RF to AV Converter Analog TV Receiver Full Mode DK/I/BG/M for TV Without RF Port: Home Audio & Theater

5 minutes ago, avrona said:

Do I need a converter then? Can't I run straight from the the normal antenna cable?

Those features have been removed for a while to be able to do so.

You're almost certainly going to need an analog RF converter box of some sort, be it Composite, HDMI or even something like a tuner box that can take analog signals. Analog tuners haven't really been in TVs for at least a decade and the Atari 2600 doesn't have any native alternate way to get its video out.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

18 hours ago, avrona said:

I’d try getting an adapter to RCA (if your TV supports it) sometimes converters to digital standards (HDMI) will introduce lag.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?