Motherboard and cpu+gpu help

Saif6_4

i am planning to buy ryzen 3700x and 2080 super..my budget is very tight so I'm going for msi tomahawk max along with this cpu and gpu..

will it cause any performance issue/bottlenecking or any sort of problem? 

i am really confused about this thing

2 minutes ago, Saif6_4 said:

i am planning to buy ryzen 3700x and 2080 super..my budget is very tight so I'm going for msi tomahawk max along with this cpu and gpu..

will it cause any performance issue/bottlenecking or any sort of problem? 

i am really confused about this thing

The MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX would be a good motherboard for a Ryzen 7 3700X.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

While there are a lot of advantages with going for the new X570 platform, there should be almost no difference in performance if you were to opt for the tomohawk max.

7 minutes ago, GreenishUwU said:

While there are a lot of advantages with going for the new X570 platform, there should be almost no difference in performance if you were to opt for the tomohawk max.

Indeed. (or the cheaper x470)
But dont expect a good OC on any B450 tho.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Just now, HanZie82 said:

Yeah, I can certainly see the appeal of X570 (hell I even decided to go with X570 myself) but IMO B450 just seems like a better option for most people.

1 minute ago, GreenishUwU said:

Yeah, I can certainly see the appeal of X570 (hell I even decided to go with X570 myself) but IMO B450 just seems like a better option for most people.

imho not better.
Cheaper very much so! :)
But certainly good enough.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

i am on a very tight budget that is why i am going for b450... if there is no performance loss on stock I'm okay with it.. i won't oc anytime soon..

Thanks.. and one thing to know

my case offers vertical gpu mount.. is there any performances loss in vertical gpu ?

4 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

You don't gain a lot from overclocking Ryzen 3000 anyway. You are better just enabling pbo and let it do it's own thing. A B450 Tomahawk can handle a stock 3950X.

48 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

You don't gain a lot from overclocking Ryzen 3000 anyway. You are better just enabling pbo and let it do it's own thing. A B450 Tomahawk can handle a stock 3950X.

then you suggest going b450 with 3700x? 

Just now, Saif6_4 said:

then you suggest going b450 with 3700x? 

Yes, something like an MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX is perfectly fine for a 3700X. You can still put a 4000 series in it in the future.

If you're on a tight budget, why not go wigh a Ryzen 5 3600 or 3600x? What do you plan on doing that's THAT resource-intensive to where you need 2-more cores and 4-more threads? Rendering? Streaming? If you just plan on gaming a 3600 or a 3600x would suffice.

What i'm trying to understand is.. ..What is your goal for this machine? also, what is your budget?

I also agree with @lee32uk. you dont get much OC headroom on a 3rd gen Ryzen CPU, especially on a b450. (ended up swapping mine out for an x570 because of this) but my b450 choices were limited at the time and i NEEDED a rig for work.

Tell us what you're intended use of this PC is and we can probably give you some really good advice.

:)

2 hours ago, NickDawg41 said:

If you're on a tight budget, why not go wigh a Ryzen 5 3600 or 3600x? What do you plan on doing that's THAT resource-intensive to where you need 2-more cores and 4-more threads? Rendering? Streaming? If you just plan on gaming a 3600 or a 3600x would suffice.

What i'm trying to understand is.. ..What is your goal for this machine? also, what is your budget?

I also agree with @lee32uk. you dont get much OC headroom on a 3rd gen Ryzen CPU, especially on a b450. (ended up swapping mine out for an x570 because of this) but my b450 choices were limited at the time and i NEEDED a rig for work.

Tell us what you're intended use of this PC is and we can probably give you some really good advice.

:)

apart gaming, coding and video editing, graphics related work.. that's why i was planning to get the 3700x

1 hour ago, Saif6_4 said:

apart gaming, coding and video editing, graphics related work.. that's why i was planning to get the 3700x

You have successfully justified the 3700x.  😆

Tomahawk MAX is an AWESOME board that is a revision of one of the best available b450 boards. Main difference is supporting higher memory speeds BUT...

x470 Gaming Plus MAX is an awesome board too, for a frew $$ more (USD it's $5 increase) - Just if you plan on overclocking or want 3 PCI-e x16 slots available vs. 2 on the Tomahawk.

Not going to argue with the 2080 - Good card.

Also make sure you have a good PSU. I would suggest 650-Watt AT LEAST 80-Plus Silver or Gold certified.