Xpenology video

lionsland

Am I losing it or was there a video about Xpenology that I can't find now? 

CPU: i7 3820@4.3Ghz GPU: Gtx 1060 RAM: 16gb HyperX Fury CASE: S340 Elite Cpu runs nice and hot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I think there will potentially be one, but no not yet as far as I know.

Hey there. There were a couple of Synology videos, are these what you're looking for?

Spoiler

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

1 minute ago, Eschew said:

Hey there. There were a couple of Synology videos, are these what you're looking for?

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you but no sadly. There is this software called Xpenology which allows you to run Synology software on your own hardware, and I swear linus did a video about it unless I'm going crazy.

CPU: i7 3820@4.3Ghz GPU: Gtx 1060 RAM: 16gb HyperX Fury CASE: S340 Elite Cpu runs nice and hot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You're probably thinking about a YouTube Story or whatever they call it that Linus posted. It was a teaser for an upcoming video on Xpenology, but I don't remember seeing the actual video, so they probably haven't released it yet.

6 hours ago, lionsland said:

Thank you but no sadly. There is this software called Xpenology which allows you to run Synology software on your own hardware, and I swear linus did a video about it unless I'm going crazy.

No video on Floatplane yet either. Do note that they sometimes tease videos weeks before.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I definitely saw one. It was a very "don't try this as a stable project" type video and they used that same case GN used for their new NAS.

Pretty sure @AlexTheGreatish was in it.

7 hours ago, Den-Fi said:

I definitely saw one. It was a very "don't try this as a stable project" type video and they used that same case GN used for their new NAS.

Pretty sure @AlexTheGreatish was in it.

I couldn't remember if it was alex or jake but yes I'm not the only one! 

3 minutes ago, lionsland said:

I couldn't remember if it was alex or jake but yes I'm not the only one! 

I'm figuring Synology might have asked them them to take it down, but that is very much an assumption.

Perhaps @LinusTech can shed some light while his beard grows ever stronger.

It definitely existed.  It was one of the videos they made to use up some of the block of Seagate drives they were going to send back.  I commented on the video when someone asked what case it was and now that comment isn't attached to my account anymore.  The video must have had a take-down request.  Either synology or seagate asking that their drives not be shown in questionable use cases.

I found the thread were someone was asking about the case when they saw the teaser in an Instagram story, it was posted February 11 so if the video ever did go up it probably would have been a couple weeks after the story went up.