What is/can cause stutter in games?

Twany

So I just recently built my first PC like maybe a week ago, it’s an AMD based system with an RX570 an AMD Ryzen 3 3200g and 8 gigs of memory running in dual-channel at 2133 mhz. And I’ve noticed that in games like Destiny 2 and Apex Legends that something is causing visible stutter, if I go into the Radeon software it shows that I am running these games at 60FPS yet the stuttering makes it unplayable, so my guess is it’s the memory. Either it’s too slow or it’s just not enough for those types of games. Can anyone confirm or is there something else that could be the problem?

what settings, what res?

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Playing on a mixture of high and medium at 1440\900.

27 minutes ago, Twany said:

2133 mhz

Ryzen suffers on low speed memory

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

You can turn on metrics in Radeon software so you can see how much memory is used while you are gaming, so that you can see if it gets full or not.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

I didn’t know you could do that in the software so I’ll go ahead and do that to make sure and more than likely buy some faster memory when I can 

Typically if you're getting decent FPS but random stutters it's because the GPU is waiting for the CPU to 'catch up' with what's going on.  If the CPU isn't getting what it needs fast enough from RAM that could cause stuttering.  Is Windows on a SSD drive?

PC: Ryzen 5-3600 / MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus / 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 / MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3x / Phanteks P400S / Gigabyte G34WQC 34" Curved Ultrawide

Laptop: Lenovo X230 / OS X 10.15 Hackintosh (OpenCore)

F@H ID: Paroxy777

No windows is on the hard drive I was on a tight budget at the time I plan on getting that and some new ram in a few weeks

It maybe stuttering when Windows needs to use the swap file on the hard drive to free up RAM.  An SSD or more RAM (or both) may help you in this situation.

PC: Ryzen 5-3600 / MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus / 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 / MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3x / Phanteks P400S / Gigabyte G34WQC 34" Curved Ultrawide

Laptop: Lenovo X230 / OS X 10.15 Hackintosh (OpenCore)

F@H ID: Paroxy777

I don't know what kind of applications are running in the background of your system but it seems that the ram can't keep up with the amount of data. What does the task manager say? Would be helpful to know.

Another thing it could be is a general bug in Windows. I remember stutters a while ago where my I think it's called notification assistance was enabled in the Windows settings, you can try turning it off you find it under a moon icon in the settings.

Can you record the CPU, GPU, and Memory usage using afterburner or another tool and upload here?

Would help diagnose the problem. For example on my laptop Star Citizen runs at 25fps in space (7fps in Lorville lmao I'm looking into getting a faster system). When I got the game I had the same FPS but insane fluctuations and stupid stutter, yeah ram was being maxxed out at 8gigs. Plopped in an extra 8gigs and the frames are more constant and less stutter.