Going to attempt my first build. My budget is $1500 CDN, how does this component list look? Any recommendations?

Opin

maybe try and get a R7 in there. I like your red and black theme tho :)

16 minutes ago, Opin said:

https://www.amazon.ca/hz/wishlist/ls/IOK5G6PLCQSZ?ref_=wl_share

I'm only like 80% all these components will even work with each other

No Memory in that list - do you already have it? If so: what frequency/latency?

List looks solid. Some changes I would make:

- Get the 3600 instead of the 3600X - not worth the extra ~ $60 for the X

- Try to go for a 1TB SSD if possible (Crucial P1 for example)

- Get a Gigabyte Windforce Radeon 5700XT - it's a 3-fan card and is $50 less than your pick.

- PSU is solid, you can get a CX (2017) for $20 less if non-modular is ok for you.

- Ram: 3200MHz/CL16 kit would be great, 3600MHz/CL16 even better, but only if it's non obscenely more expensive. IIRC it's about $15 more, so that's a good deal.

That's a really expensive 500GB SSD, here's an adjusted build. Cheaper SSD, high end GPU model, and a more reasonable SSD.

I left the motherboard because it looks excellent with a black and red build.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

17 minutes ago, hxd. said:

maybe try and get a R7 in there. I like your red and black theme tho :)

I wish I could. There isnt a whole lot of wiggle room in the budget though. This is only my first build so I'll keep dreaming though!

7 minutes ago, ShinRamen said:

No Memory in that list - do you already have it? If so: what frequency/latency?

List looks solid. Some changes I would make:

- Get the 3600 instead of the 3600X - not worth the extra ~ $60 for the X

- Try to go for a 1TB SSD if possible (Crucial P1 for example)

- Get a Gigabyte Windforce Radeon 5700XT - it's a 3-fan card and is $50 less than your pick.

- PSU is solid, you can get a CX (2017) for $20 less if non-modular is ok for you.

- Ram: 3200MHz/CL16 kit would be great, 3600MHz/CL16 even better, but only if it's non obscenely more expensive. IIRC it's about $15 more, so that's a good deal.

Thanks for the reply, I had memory picked out just not added to the list. Its there now but your recommendation is better.

Listen to @Fasauceome. He is a smart fellow.

My Last Build

B450 Tomahawk Max, ASUS TURBO 1080, Ryzen 7 2700X, T-Force RGB 16GB

Current Project

Macbook Air 13in 2013

10 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

That's a really expensive 500GB SSD, here's an adjusted build. Cheaper SSD, high end GPU model, and a more reasonable SSD.

I left the motherboard because it looks excellent with a black and red build.

Thanks! I like the price of this one the best. That red/black color scheme kinda fell into place when that H510 was the cheapest decent thing I could find. Do you think the stock cooling will be enough for this rig?

1 hour ago, Opin said:

Do you think the stock cooling will be enough for this rig?

definitely. It's not always the quietest, but the stock cooler for the 3600 doesn't struggle. Of course, you could try a custom fan curve to change that.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad