Distilled water instead of mineral oil?

Im just wondering, not about to build a PC, but coudn‘t you use distilled water in a mineral oil PC? This would eliminate the nastynes of mineral oil PC, would cool a little better and still shoudn‘t demage your componets. Or am I misunderstanding something?

The distilled water WILL become conductive and then bye bye components.

That will literally short every possible exposed contacts in that pc. Oof. 

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

If you're talking about pure distilled water it will become conductive very quick, as it's in dire need of ions (remember, water are quite strong solvent actually) after you robbed it of them, so it will grab any ions available. And soft water wouldn't help either, as there are obviously some ions already present.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Thanks for your anwsers first :)

I also found a old Thread about exactly the same topic: 

Their conclusion was the same: It WILL destroy the PC and all your spend money go‘s brrrrrr

But everybody said, that it will distroy the PC over time ... so can I use something to automaticly clean the water? Someone cleaned it before, so ... is it possable to build a ‚water cleaning loop‘, running all the time, makeing sure the components won‘t short?

Or would that be as stupid as my last idea? XD 

On 4/15/2020 at 4:32 PM, Erik404 said:

Thanks for your anwsers first :)

I also found a old Thread about exactly the same topic: 

Their conclusion was the same: It WILL destroy the PC and all your spend money go‘s brrrrrr

But everybody said, that it will distroy the PC over time ... so can I use something to automaticly clean the water? Someone cleaned it before, so ... is it possable to build a ‚water cleaning loop‘, running all the time, makeing sure the components won‘t short?

Or would that be as stupid as my last idea? XD 

Extremely expensive. Better off buying a chiller.

No, for 2 reasons. The first being that the water will become conductive in short order. But even if you avoided that by setting up a distiller loop, which would be a ludicrously expensive setup from an energy standpoint as well as extremely bulky you would still end up leaching material from the components which eventually would cause them to fail anyway.