Help in deciding a monitor.

Xplod2064

Hello all, I have been looking for a new monitor for the last few months and I need some help.

OK so for over 8 years I have been using this: https://www.asus.com/Monitors/VX238H/ which still works fine and such but of course over time you would want to upgrade, so I will try explain everything that I am looking for and hopefully be able to find something :)

• OK my basis is to have a slightly bigger screen that has a fast response time and also the stunning colours, TN panels are meh and am wanting something a bit more vibrant especially with how much it costs..
  • Now I do know that there are not many if any IPS screens boasting 1ms times, but even a VA panel would be better.

Must have:

• 2560x1440 Res
  • 120hz +
  • 1ms Response Time
  • VA or IPS Panel
  • Possibly 10Bit colour.
  • 27-28"

Money isn't really an issue but if you can find one under $600USD then that would be great!!

Thanks guys!!!

:) :)

16 minutes ago, Xplod2064 said:

Hello all, I have been looking for a new monitor for the last few months and I need some help.

OK so for over 8 years I have been using this: https://www.asus.com/Monitors/VX238H/ which still works fine and such but of course over time you would want to upgrade, so I will try explain everything that I am looking for and hopefully be able to find something :)

• OK my basis is to have a slightly bigger screen that has a fast response time and also the stunning colours, TN panels are meh and am wanting something a bit more vibrant especially with how much it costs..
  • Now I do know that there are not many if any IPS screens boasting 1ms times, but even a VA panel would be better.

Must have:

• 2560x1440 Res
  • 120hz +
  • 1ms Response Time
  • VA or IPS Panel
  • Possibly 10Bit colour.
  • 27-28"

Money isn't really an issue but if you can find one under $600USD then that would be great!!

Thanks guys!!!

Yesterday I got my SAMSUNG LC27HG70! I dont know much about monitors, but its damn nice! 144Hz, HDR, LFR Compensation, curved, FreeSync 2 Premium Pro, backlit, USB3 Hub/Charger included, AWESOME stand but also with VESA. Got a decent deal at 300$

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/samsung-c27hg70/

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

14 minutes ago, Xplod2064 said:

Must have:

• 2560x1440 Res
  • 120hz +
  • 1ms Response Time
  • VA or IPS Panel
  • Possibly 10Bit colour.
  • 27-28"

Thanks guys!!!

Get the LG path their new gaming monitors 27" and 37.5 inch boast a 1ms response time and 175hz OCable nano IPS curved HDR monitor.  The little brother 27" one boasts that same 1ms response time nano IPS HDR 144hz and all that jazz.

Intel 10980XE @ 4.6Ghz / Gigabyte x299x Aorus Master / Gigabyte WF RTX 2080 / Corsair Dominator RGB 64GB @ 3200 / Corsair AX1600i / Corsair H115i Pro RGB / Corsair Carbide 330r Blackout Edition / AOC 40" 4k Curved Monitor / LG 55" C9 OLED 120hz / Logitech G Pro Wireless & G915 Wireless Linear & G935 Wireless / Scarlett 2i2 USB / KRK Rokits 10-3-1 Gen4 / Sennheiser HD 650 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk By BandLab / Corsair MP510 960GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial M4 500GB / LaCie External Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB

1 minute ago, Metallus97 said:

yesterday I got my SAMSUNG LC27HG70! I dont know much about monitors, but its damn nice! 144Hz, HDR, LFR Compensation, curved, FreeSync 2 Premium Pro, backlit, USB3 Hub/Charger included, AWESOME stand but also with VESA

Congrats my friend!!!

Intel 10980XE @ 4.6Ghz / Gigabyte x299x Aorus Master / Gigabyte WF RTX 2080 / Corsair Dominator RGB 64GB @ 3200 / Corsair AX1600i / Corsair H115i Pro RGB / Corsair Carbide 330r Blackout Edition / AOC 40" 4k Curved Monitor / LG 55" C9 OLED 120hz / Logitech G Pro Wireless & G915 Wireless Linear & G935 Wireless / Scarlett 2i2 USB / KRK Rokits 10-3-1 Gen4 / Sennheiser HD 650 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk By BandLab / Corsair MP510 960GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial M4 500GB / LaCie External Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB

2 hours ago, Metallus97 said:

Yesterday I got my SAMSUNG LC27HG70! I dont know much about monitors, but its damn nice! 144Hz, HDR, LFR Compensation, curved, FreeSync 2 Premium Pro, backlit, USB3 Hub/Charger included, AWESOME stand but also with VESA. Got a decent deal at 300$

That actually sounds really good, I did check the reviews out which was 50/50 for 1 star and 5 star, apparently after 3months to a year it has overheating problems and weird lines.

3 hours ago, Mike Tyson said:

Get the LG path their new gaming monitors 27" and 37.5 inch boast a 1ms response time and 175hz OCable nano IPS curved HDR monitor.  The little brother 27" one boasts that same 1ms response time nano IPS HDR 144hz and all that jazz.

That sounds awesome, I cannot find those particular monitors are you able to provide a link please?

34 minutes ago, Xplod2064 said:

That sounds awesome, I cannot find those particular monitors are you able to provide a link please?

Which one do you want ? The 38" or the 27" ?

1 hour ago, Xplod2064 said:

That actually sounds really good, I did check the reviews out which was 50/50 for 1 star and 5 star, apparently after 3months to a year it has overheating problems and weird lines.

hmmm yeha... but is was to compelling for the price :D

ill mod some noctuas to it for better cooling :D

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

On 4/9/2020 at 1:51 PM, Mike Tyson said:

Which one do you want ? The 38" or the 27" ?

27"