Gtx 1060 3gb Bottle neck please help Linus

Giancarlo_Flex

Hi, so I built my first pc a year ago and this is it.

RAM- Ripjaws 1600 2x8gb  DDR3

GPU- Msi Gtx 1060 3gb

CPU-Amd Fx-8350

MOTB- Asus M5a78l-m PLus/Usb 3 AM3+ Socket

PSU- EVGA 500 Br

I was playing a couple games earlier today and was getting low Fps, so I checked and  saw that my CPU utilization is around 30% and my GPU Utilization is around 10-15%. I read somewhere that It's recommended to have 60-80% CPU and 90-100% GPU. I think the CPU is bottle necking the GPU and I wanted to upgrade the CPU but Idk which one, since I have an AM3+ socket, I am limited, what should I do to get the best out of my build/GPU. Buy a new motherboard/CPU? What CPU can I get now that would best pair with my GPU? Idk please help me;(

6 minutes ago, Giancarlo_Flex said:

GPU- Msi Gtx 1060 3gb

CPU-Amd Fx-8350

PSU- EVGA 500 Br

I was playing a couple games earlier today and was getting low Fps, so I checked and  saw that my CPU utilization is around 30% and my GPU Utilization is around 10-15%. I read somewhere that It's recommended to have 60-80% CPU and 90-100% GPU. I think the CPU is bottle necking the GPU and I wanted to upgrade the CPU but Idk which one, since I have an AM3+ socket, I am limited, what should I do to get the best out of my build/GPU. Buy a new motherboard/CPU? What CPU can I get now that would best pair with my GPU? Idk please help me;(

Dude that CPU is 8yrs old, why did you buy it in 2019??? Time to get a Ryzen 2 chip.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

6 minutes ago, Giancarlo_Flex said:

GPU- Msi Gtx 1060 3gb

CPU-Amd Fx-8350

PSU- EVGA 500 Br

It may be something else as well. Is all your drivers up to date?

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

That's what I thought but I checked everything and it was all up to date, cpu, gpu, and motherboard drivers

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that CPU is terrible. It was bad when it came out in 2012.  It's got no place in gaming.  The cheapest option is for you to replace your CPU, motherboard, and RAM.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Like others have said it’s probably the cpu. All it takes is a single cpu core to be maxed for your game to bottleneck. I would swap it out with like a 1600af (12nm). You’ll also need a new mobo and ram if you do though. 

*** Thread merged ***

Please don't post multiple times about same thing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

50 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that CPU is terrible. It was bad when it came out in 2012.  It's got no place in gaming.  The cheapest option is for you to replace your CPU, motherboard, and RAM.

47 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

Like others have said it’s probably the cpu. All it takes is a single cpu core to be maxed for your game to bottleneck. I would swap it out with like a 1600af (12nm). You’ll also need a new mobo and ram if you do though. 

Would that be a good upgrade, and will the CPU pair good with the GPU, or should I upgrade it more? Thx

46 minutes ago, Giancarlo_Flex said:

Would that be a good upgrade, and will the CPU pair good with the GPU, or should I upgrade it more? Thx

I'd recommend the Ryzen 1600 12nm (not available on PCPP) as it's almost identical to the 2600 but at a much lower price. Save your money there and then get a better GPU down the line.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

• 4 weeks later...

You need to check if the motherboard vrms are overheating because that cpu shouldn't bottleneck a 1060