Fed up with amd

Earnist_

I have finally made the decision to purchase a 2070 and try to sell off my 5700xt, the card hasn't work right since I got it in October and I plugged my 580 in just to eliminate some variables and all problems went away. I was on latest drivers and amd had nothing to say when I contacted them.  For me atleast, Navi is a big flop

So.. what were your issues exactly?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

4 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

So.. what were your issues exactly?

Horrible stutters in game, black screens and game crashes galore 

1 minute ago, Earnist_ said:

Horrible stutters in game, black screens and game crashes galore 

amd drivers arent the best, but thats an edge case differently. if you did everything correctly it shouldve been fine. i know reference 5700xt has thermal issues with the cooler but it wouldve have caused that

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

I have gigabyte 5700xt gaming oc, and removed all old drivers when I installed the new card, after I encountered these terrible problems, I put my 580 back in and even was just fine again 

2 minutes ago, Earnist_ said:

I have gigabyte 5700xt gaming oc, and removed all old drivers when I installed the new card, after I encountered these terrible problems, I put my 580 back in and even was just fine again 

This is why we recommend you use DDU to uninstall display drivers as leftovers by a normal uninstall can easily remain. Might be why the 580 is just hanging out being fine acting like nothing has changed.

Things seem to work well or they don't.

I have had that issue in the past with Nvidia GPUs and it always ends up being the motherboard. 

I have had issues between same make and model boards with only the revision numbers being different

Like you, I would put another card in and the computer would be fine.

That is why I never sell my old cards. 

Fortunately for me there are usually four gaming PCs in the house and the card will work in one of them.

If you only have one gaming PC, getting a very different card is the right move.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

I had the same issues with the NVidia 970's when they came out. Was a nightmare for 4-5 months till they finally figured it was the drivers after replacing the cards almost 10x! Not always a lot you can do but wait if you can' sort it in settings etc :(

·Ï¢årµ§·

i7 4790k · 32GB Kingston HyperX · MSI Gaming 5 · ... · 30" HP ZR30W + 27" Samsung 275T · 2x240GB Intel 530 in Raid 0 + 2x1TB Crucial MX500 · Lain-Li X2000F · Antec Signature SG-850 · BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 Pro · Logitech Z5500 · Win10pro 64bit

Like I said in your other post about this same topic, it sounds like you have a faulty GPU, why haven't you tried to get it replaced?  

As you can see from the number of other people who have had no issues with the 5700xt, the issues are solved when it comes to drivers, bios etc.  If you've tried everything the people here have suggested to you, then you should reach out to whomever sold you the card and get it replaced because this very clearly sounds like a warranty issue.

Even if you don't keep the card, because you obviously haven't had the best experience, you should get it replaced anyway because if you don't then you'll be knowingly selling someone a faulty card and warranties aren't typically transferable.  

On 4/7/2020 at 6:39 AM, pstarlord said:

Like I said in your other post about this same topic, it sounds like you have a faulty GPU, why haven't you tried to get it replaced?  

As you can see from the number of other people who have had no issues with the 5700xt, the issues are solved when it comes to drivers, bios etc.  If you've tried everything the people here have suggested to you, then you should reach out to whomever sold you the card and get it replaced because this very clearly sounds like a warranty issue.

Even if you don't keep the card, because you obviously haven't had the best experience, you should get it replaced anyway because if you don't then you'll be knowingly selling someone a faulty card and warranties aren't typically transferable.  

i contacted amd support and they said its something they are looking into because many other users have reported similar issues

On 4/6/2020 at 8:37 PM, NZgamer said:

DDUed your old drivers and installed the new ones?

yes

1 minute ago, Earnist_ said:

i contacted amd support and they said its something they are looking into because many other users have reported similar issues

Have you contacted the store or retailer you purchased the card from? 

1 minute ago, pstarlord said:

Have you contacted the store or retailer you purchased the card from? 

that wouldnt do me much good as i live in florida and i purchased it in a georgia micro center

That sucks, I've had my pulse for a little over a month now and I haven't had a single issue with it. Price to performance the 5700xt is a great card, sucks that your having issues.Did you try to rma the card? Maybe you got a bad one

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

Just now, Gohardgrandpa said:

That sucks, I've had my pulse for a little over a month now and I haven't had a single issue with it. Price to performance the 5700xt is a great card, sucks that your having issues.Did you try to rma the card? Maybe you got a bad one

been on hold with micro center for an hour , so who knows what ill get when the decide to pick up the phone

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, you also have to remember there's a pandemic at the moment.   Considering they're not really an essential business they might be closed.

when i first called the machine said they are still open during these times, but maybe only 1 or 2 people manning the phones

Did you buy the extended warranty on the card thru microcenter? I don't know what the standard return policy is there, I dont have a local one in florida

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

On 4/6/2020 at 5:25 PM, Earnist_ said:

I have finally made the decision to purchase a 2070 and try to sell off my 5700xt, the card hasn't work right since I got it in October and I plugged my 580 in just to eliminate some variables and all problems went away. I was on latest drivers and amd had nothing to say when I contacted them.  For me atleast, Navi is a big flop

This is not shocking AMD / ATI always had driver issues dating back to last decade.  Quality cards but updating driver can be a cardinal sin and your PC goes flop on it's face.  I feel for you.  Also when you get your 2070 make sure to DDU AMD then remove the card and put in new card and install nVidia drivers and you should be good to go.

Intel 10980XE @ 4.6Ghz / Gigabyte x299x Aorus Master / Gigabyte WF RTX 2080 / Corsair Dominator RGB 64GB @ 3200 / Corsair AX1600i / Corsair H115i Pro RGB / Corsair Carbide 330r Blackout Edition / AOC 40" 4k Curved Monitor / LG 55" C9 OLED 120hz / Logitech G Pro Wireless & G915 Wireless Linear & G935 Wireless / Scarlett 2i2 USB / KRK Rokits 10-3-1 Gen4 / Sennheiser HD 650 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk By BandLab / Corsair MP510 960GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial M4 500GB / LaCie External Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB

On a up note, their driver control panel is sexy, nVidia has been the same for eons...

Intel 10980XE @ 4.6Ghz / Gigabyte x299x Aorus Master / Gigabyte WF RTX 2080 / Corsair Dominator RGB 64GB @ 3200 / Corsair AX1600i / Corsair H115i Pro RGB / Corsair Carbide 330r Blackout Edition / AOC 40" 4k Curved Monitor / LG 55" C9 OLED 120hz / Logitech G Pro Wireless & G915 Wireless Linear & G935 Wireless / Scarlett 2i2 USB / KRK Rokits 10-3-1 Gen4 / Sennheiser HD 650 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk By BandLab / Corsair MP510 960GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial M4 500GB / LaCie External Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB