Is the rx560 at least semi decent

Haro

Hey guys I wanted to ask  if the rx560 is decent I'm looking at deals for it here for a non reference  rog strix model and I'm looking at the benchmarks for it and it's so inconsistent one video shows a remarkable show for what it is and another showing total garbage so what do you think ?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Hey guys I wanted to ask  if the rx560 is decent I'm looking at deals for it here for a non reference  rog strix model and I'm looking at the benchmarks for it and it's so inconsistent one video shows a remarkable show for what it is and another showing total garbage so what do you think ?

Depends on what you are doing with it.

It's alright for medium - high 1080p gaming.

A second hand RX 480/580 would be a better  choice though

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Depends on what you want. It's usable for older games at 1080p or modern games at 720p on low-medium settings but you REALLY should look at used 1060/580/1660 cards

I believe there are 2 different variants of the RX 560 out there if I'm not mistaken, one being slightly cut-down, having 100ish less stream processors, so that could be why benchmarks might be inconsistent.

I agree with @minibois that a used RX 480 or 580 might be a better choice.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

Depends on what you are doing with it.

It's alright for medium - high 1080p gaming.

A second hand RX 480/580 would be a better  choice though

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Depends on what you want. It's usable for older games at 1080p or modern games at 720p on low-medium settings but you REALLY should look at used 1060/580/1660 cards

I play only one game (not much of a gamer tbh ) and that is csgo at 1080

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

I believe there are 2 different variants of the RX 560 out there if I'm not mistaken, one being slightly cut-down, having 100ish less stream processors, so that could be why benchmarks might be inconsistent.

I agree with @minibois that a used RX 480 or 580 might be a better choice.

The thing is that used market here is practically non existing 

Build Log: 

CSGO doesn't need much videocard power, but I would still not be able to suggest a new RX 560 over a used RX 580.

But if your CPU is good, the RX 560 would still make for a playable experience in that game.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

As long as you're fine with ~150fps at 1080 then it's good. If you want more than that - you'll need better hardware

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

As long as you're fine with ~150fps at 1080 then it's good. If you want more than that - you'll need better hardware

Oh 150 plus is way more that I need as well as I'm going to be upgrading everything the second I can this is just a build so I can move away from laptops and get an actual pc

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, minibois said:

CSGO doesn't need much videocard power, but I would still not be able to suggest a new RX 560 over a used RX 580.

But if your CPU is good, the RX 560 would still make for a playable experience in that game.

If I can maybe find something used here ill see but for the most part I probably won't but I'll do my research thank you so much :)

Build Log: 

Alright thank you all do much for the help 😊

Build Log: 

You can also consider a used gtx 970 or gtx 980 or even a gtx 1060.  It might be easier to find one for a decent price.  I got a zotac gtx 970 for 100$ cad about 2 years ago so it's possible to find a good deal.

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

Hey so I'm back after researching a little and I just wanted to ask one final question what would be the difference between an rx560 and a 1650 because honestly I got more confused some people showing its going neck a neck with it and some showing it can't even hold grounds against a 1050 

The card I'm looking at is the rotg strix 560 with 1024 streaming cores and a bost on it's non reference pcb of around 150 mhz out of the box how would that fair against the 1650?

Build Log: 

On 4/5/2020 at 6:46 AM, TofuHaroto said:

Unless you can find an extraordinary deal on one, not really. It will probably run 60 fps on 1080 medium and some high settings but it's pretty low-end at this point. I'd seriously spend the extra money on a RX480 or a 570.

6 minutes ago, steelo said:

I'd seriously spend the extra money on a RX480 or a 570.

The thing is we don't have them here they are all out of stock and we don't have used market here as well so I'm kind of stuck 

Build Log: 

6 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

The thing is we don't have them here they are all out of stock and we don't have used market here as well so I'm kind of stuck 

Like others have said, 1080 games will be very playable if you turn the settings down. It's not a horrible card if you keep your expectations in check. It still is quite a bit more powerful than, say a Ryzen APU. You can try overclocking, but I wouldn't expect miracles...

10 hours ago, steelo said:

Like others have said, 1080 games will be very playable if you turn the settings down. It's not a horrible card if you keep your expectations in check. It still is quite a bit more powerful than, say a Ryzen APU. You can try overclocking, but I wouldn't expect miracles...

Yea I managed to scrape a couple more dollars so now I'm able to afford a 1650 I'll just go with that but thank you :)

Build Log: