pc building simulator accurate?

is pc building simulator accurate for physical compatibilities?

i need to know if my cpu cooler will fit in my build and pc part picker said that some physical dimension restrictions cannot be automatically checked.

so has anyone tried using pc building simulator to measure dimensions?

7 minutes ago, Mamonos said:

Why not just checking the spect on the manufacturer's website?

i want to see the end product too and how close the cooler is to the ram and other things

Hey there. PC Building Simulator is... not the best when it comes to physical compatibility. Um... I've had instances of radiators being installed through case fans and HDD cages... Also I've successfully installed SSDs through the graphics card...

Anyway! Would you mind listing what CPU cooler and case or the system specs you're interested in? We'll probably be able to help you out. 😁

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

5 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Hey there. PC Building Simulator is... not the best when it comes to physical compatibility. Um... I've had instances of radiators being installed through case fans and HDD cages... Also I've successfully installed SSDs through the graphics card...

Anyway! Would you mind listing what CPU cooler and case or the system specs you're interested in? We'll probably be able to help you out. 😁

ryzen 5 2600x

phanteks p300

evga geforce rtx 2060 ko ultra gaming

cooler master hyper 212 evo

3 rosewill 140mm 89.55 cfm fans

Your CPU cooler will fit, the P300 has a 160mm clearance and the EVO 212 is 159mm. It might be very close to the window but it seems like it will fit regardless. Also, those specs are according to the Phanteks and Cooler Master website, someone else said the Phanteks P300 can have up to 179mm of clearance.

23 minutes ago, MKSanic said:

ryzen 5 2600x

phanteks p300

evga geforce rtx 2060 ko ultra gaming

cooler master hyper 212 evo

3 rosewill 140mm 89.55 cfm fans

Cool. The Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO has a height of 160mm, the Phanteks Eclipse P300 has a CPU cooler clearance of 160mm. Two things to note: one, the fit will be pretty snug, I image you'll have maybe 1mm - 2mm of space between the CPU cooler and the side panel, and two, the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO doesn't seem to play nicely with high profile RAM (unless you're willing to adjust the CPU cooler fans slightly, like in this video).

Graphics card clearance also checks out, the Phanteks Eclipse P300 has a graphics card clearance of 330mm, which is more than enough room to accommodate your 202.1mm graphics card. I find it a little odd you're going with Rosewill's 140mm fans, are they good?

Spoiler

Heh. Cool.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

21 hours ago, Eschew said:

I find it a little odd you're going with Rosewill's 140mm fans, are they good?

89.55 cfm pwm for $14 also revies say they are quiet

you should never trust a computer fan's datasheet. they are know for having big variables, even the crucial number, the fan speed, 10% tolerance on premium skus are considered normal. so what about things that dont say in the numbers? balance, viberation, cable length, etc?

and should i remends you that there is no industry standard on how to evaluate fan performance? those cfm numbers? i dont know how to reproduce them. so when it comes to these parts, price is the only thing that matters, apart from those rgb nonsense.

how i value a fan is 3 things: blade to frame gap (tells you how good the tooling is); current (tells you what kind of speed it operates, notice it does not determind the rpm) and blade shape( shallower angle with wide blades means high pressure low volume, vice versa)

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

It fits the case just fine. There are plenty of examples online: https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/hmtCmG#e=1569,1757

As for the ram, you haven't mentioned it. 

Please use pcpartpicker permalinks for easier sharing.

f85ac460ec40f5998b6dbed94de1bee2.gif&key

12 hours ago, MKSanic said:

89.55 cfm pwm for $14 also revies say they are quiet

Please use model names. They're Hyperborea, rebrands of Akasa's Apache / Viper and are pretty good. 

Moved to Air Cooling. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Another note. How hard in stone you are set with the case? It has pretty restrictive front.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Another note. How hard in stone you are set with the case? It has pretty restrictive front.

i like the look very much.i dont mind the restrictive airflow

Just now, MKSanic said:

i like the look very much.i dont mind the restrictive airflow

Sure. I was thinking if you are limited by budget or availability. P300A and P350X are both better in terms of cooling performance.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, juandeag2k said:

I wouldn't trust it entirely. 

I wouldn't trust it at all. If anything, it's just calculating numbers from known SKU part numbers and their public benchmark numbers. Basically, a game engine that's calculating spreadsheet numbers with 3D graphics overlaying polygons. That's it. I seriously doubt there's any air fluid-dynamic physics simulations going on in regards to airflow.