Hey everyone!

specs

Intel i7 9700f 

MSI gaming edge ac z390 

16gb DDR4 3200mhz

Corsair cx650m PSU 

MSI GTX 1070

1TB Corsair HDD

I am new to building my own PC and just upgraded my MOBO, CPU and ram. I am still getting issues with lagginess as well as constant not responding messages at least when it comes to downloading and playing games. It just seems much slowet than what I expected it to be. I have done all of these things to see if I could fix the issue.

Drivers are up to date

cleaned and optimized HDD 

Reset Pc to factory settings

reinstalled graphics driver multiple time

xmp and game boost are on in Bios

All of the components are being detected by my pc but again, it just seems like its under performing. On CPU-z and msi afterburner everything seems pretty normal. The biggest issue seems to be coming from steam as well as anything VR related. any help as I feel there is a solution I’m not seeing...

Cheers!

An HDD does not cut it anymore nowadays as a system drive. Get an SSD. You didn't say what you had before, but this should likely have been the first upgrade to do.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

30 minutes ago, Datman27 said:

1TB Corsair HDD

Hey there. The slowness might be because you're booting/running your games and programs off your HDD. I tried looking up Corsair HDDs to get an idea of your HDD specs, but I couldn't pull any results. Would you mind listing your HDD model?

Also, if you're lagging only while online, it could also be your Ethernet/Wi-Fi connection...?

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

35 minutes ago, Datman27 said:

Hey everyone!

specs

Intel i7 9700f 

MSI gaming edge ac z390 

16gb DDR4 3200mhz

Corsair cx650m PSU 

MSI GTX 1070

1TB Corsair HDD

I am new to building my own PC and just upgraded my MOBO, CPU and ram. I am still getting issues with lagginess as well as constant not responding messages at least when it comes to downloading and playing games. It just seems much slowet than what I expected it to be. I have done all of these things to see if I could fix the issue.

Drivers are up to date

cleaned and optimized HDD 

Reset Pc to factory settings

reinstalled graphics driver multiple time

xmp and game boost are on in Bios

All of the components are being detected by my pc but again, it just seems like its under performing. On CPU-z and msi afterburner everything seems pretty normal. The biggest issue seems to be coming from steam as well as anything VR related. any help as I feel there is a solution I’m not seeing...

Cheers!

Did you reinstall windows after swapping out the motherboard? Also a hdd for a system drive is not good enough nowadays. You really need an ssd.

Thanks, 

10 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Did you reinstall windows after swapping out the motherboard? Also a hdd for a system drive is not good enough nowadays. You really need an ssd.

I did a factory reset, Would that be the same? And I’m having things go on like lagginess when trying to open windows explorer as well as major issues trying to install oculus rift as well as steam games. Would you recommend putting OS on an SSD or just my games?

Ideally both, but it's for the OS that it's most important.

Games can stay on an HDD if really necessary, but that becomes increasingly unrealistic as well.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

24 minutes ago, Datman27 said:

Thanks, 

I did a factory reset, Would that be the same? And I’m having things go on like lagginess when trying to open windows explorer as well as major issues trying to install oculus rift as well as steam games. Would you recommend putting OS on an SSD or just my games?

No it is not the same. Put your os and newer games on the ssd and everything else can go on the hdd.