Mixing ram

I currently have 2 HyperX DDR4 2133mhz 4gb sticks of ram in my setup and want to upgrade my ram. Is it possible to have two 8gb sticks of ram of the same maker and mhz paired with my two 4gb sticks of ram or will this make problems for me.

Thanks for your replys.

Depends on your motherboard. In general you should install RAM DIMMs in pairs. So if you add 2x additional sticks of the same capacity that's fine. please note though, that the speed will always be that of the slowest module or set of modules. Mixing manufacturers does not matter either but make sure you get 2x modules from the same one if possible. Also avoid mixing CAS latency between new and old DIMMs.

Should be fine, RAM will run at whatever speed is the lowest.

18 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Depends on your motherboard. In general you should install RAM DIMMs in pairs. So if you add 2x additional sticks of the same capacity that's fine. please note though, that the speed will always be that of the slowest module or set of modules. Mixing manufacturers does not matter either but make sure you get 2x modules from the same one if possible. Also avoid mixing CAS latency between new and old DIMMs.

I plan on getting HyperX 2x8gb 2133Mhz so it is identical except for the capacity.