Fans turning off below 50C

Epiceleon

My GPu is idling around 50C and the fans only spike up after going to 50C i want to control this to be way less but i cant, MSI afterburner doesnt work for some reason.

The CPU is doing this aswell and i dont know how to control cpu fan speed

pls help

I don't actually give useful information, hopefully I just  say something funny.

2 minutes ago, Epiceleon said:

My GPu is idling around 50C and the fans only spike up after going to 50C i want to control this to be way less but i cant, MSI afterburner doesnt work for some reason.

pls help

The fans turning off below 50c won't harm your GPU, I sadly don't have the time to help you with that, I wouldn't worry.

What brand is your cooler? Are you sure that the CPU Fan is definitely not spinning? You can usually change the fan settings in your boards BIOS.

10 minutes ago, PCMasterRaceFTWWW said:

The fans turning off below 50c won't harm your GPU, I sadly don't have the time to help you with that, I wouldn't worry.

What brand is your cooler? Are you sure that the CPU Fan is definitely not spinning? You can usually change the fan settings in your boards BIOS.

stock amd cooler

I don't actually give useful information, hopefully I just  say something funny.

1 minute ago, Epiceleon said:

stock amd cooler

Try going into your bios and seeing what the Fan curve looks like. Did you build this rig yourself or was it a prebuilt? If you didn't build it someone may have set the fan curve so it does this to stop noise.

1 hour ago, Epiceleon said:

pls help

Depending on the GPU most won't start the fan until 50-60c.
The CPU fan, you should go into bios and turn it off silent if you don't want to mess with curves.

It's not a race to the bottom.

6 hours ago, 0x1e said:

Depending on the GPU most won't start the fan until 50-60c.
The CPU fan, you should go into bios and turn it off silent if you don't want to mess with curves.

I got the cpu to change through the bios but is there no way i can effect the fan curve of the GPU? I know i was able to on other cards through MSI afterburner

Some of the more expensive GPU's have a 0 RPM/ 0DCB mode where the fans only turn on when it reaches a certain temp. Has this just started happening or has it always happened?

15 hours ago, Epiceleon said:

I got the cpu to change through the bios but is there no way i can effect the fan curve of the GPU? I know i was able to on other cards through MSI afterburner

You installed the GPU drivers?
What GPU are you using? R9 380?
Does AMD Wattman or AMD overdrive work with it?

It's not a race to the bottom.

18 hours ago, Tera Byte said:

Some of the more expensive GPU's have a 0 RPM/ 0DCB mode where the fans only turn on when it reaches a certain temp. Has this just started happening or has it always happened?

it is new so that would be it but i just dont like how its silent and then the fans just ramp up to such loud levels

7 hours ago, 0x1e said:

You installed the GPU drivers?
What GPU are you using? R9 380?
Does AMD Wattman or AMD overdrive work with it?

using 560xt has all the drivers and anytime i try to control the gpu fan speed through the amd app it just resets like i never touched it