Computer keeps grashing, mainly graphics applications

Hi there! Lately i've been unable to play pretty much any game, it started with Battlefield 1 / 5 as closing it from the in-game menu would crash the computer, other ways of terminating it didn't cause problems. Then it started crashing after ~20 minutes of gameplay. During this time The Sims 4 never had any problems until week ago. 

A red VGA_LED lit up on the mobo, stress testing the GPU with AIDA64 would crash after seconds to minutes, same story with Furmark. Despite the overclock CPU and RAM are stable, no problems while stress testing there.

It started getting pretty bad, the computer would crash withoud BSOD or saving any useful logs or memory dumps, often with the monitor displaying a single color. 

At this point i was pretty sure this was a GPU problem an old R9 290X with an aftermarket cooler, so i ordered another GPU, a used RX 580 nitro+. I made sure to get a video from the seller proving it worked withoud problems.

The card arrived today, i cleared the bios, removed the overclock, removed and reinstalled windows drivers, tested it a bit using AIDA64 and everything seemed ok but as soon as i started Furmark the computer crashed. 

Tried swapping PCI slot, i couldn't do it before as the card was too long and windows wouldn't boot, as soon as the spinny thing appeared it would freeze.

After re-swapping the PCI slot windows wouldn't detect the GPU for a few reboots but now is working. 

Now windows boots just fine, the GPU is detected, i can open Radeon Settings but after just a minute of playing Battlefield 5 it crashes again.

The only thing appearing on the Event viewer is a Bugcheck reboot [ 0x00000116 (0xffffcf0988d32010, 0xfffff800fbe10818, 0xffffffffc0000001, 0x0000000000000003) ] with no memory dump. The VGA_LED is still lit up.

At this point i don't know what to do. It looks like the GPU was not the problem after all, could it be the motherboard? Is there any way i could test it? Do you suggest anything?

Thanks.

Specs:

CPU: i7 3770K @ 4.6 GHz

MOBO: Z77 OC Forumula 

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP

PSU: PRO850W XFX

GPU: R9 290X / RX 580