looking to buy a laptop

Hi, i'm currently in a search for a new laptop and would like to know your suggestions. 

I'm a student and would love a fairly lightweight laptop that is still capable of at least some gaming.(budget is 1000 eur)

Thank you in advance :)

22 minutes ago, La Jake said:

Hi, i'm currently in a search for a new laptop and would like to know your suggestions. 

I'm a student and would love a fairly lightweight laptop that is still capable of at least some gaming.(budget is 1000 eur)

Thank you in advance :)

Dunno if the AMD ryzen2 laptop stuff is out yet but it looked pretty impressive in the LTT video.  If it’s unobtainium it’s unobtainium though.  The thing to look at carefully for gaming capacity would be the gpu on the system.  What kind of games you want to play matters too.  Competitive FPS and AAA have somewhat different requirementa

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

47 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Dunno if the AMD ryzen2 laptop stuff is out yet but it looked pretty impressive in the LTT video.  If it’s unobtainium it’s unobtainium though.  The thing to look at carefully for gaming capacity would be the gpu on the system.  What kind of games you want to play matters too.  Competitive FPS and AAA have somewhat different requirementa

Mainly FPS 

9 minutes ago, La Jake said:

Mainly FPS 

FPS as I understand it prefers clock speeds over core counts and wants high hz screens.  There are 144hz laptop screens out theses days.  That might be one spec to shoot for.  That also puts a minimum cap on GPU performance that will vary drastically by screen size.  Not sure what those will be for given resolutions.  The favored resolution for FPS games seems to be 1080p, and the requirements to hit 144+FPS with that are not wildly high, generally, though it varies a lot by game.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.