Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
7 minutes ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

 

 

7 minutes ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

 

You're not understanding...even if it is more powerful, it will not have the overhead to EMULATE PS4 games. A raspberry pi 3 is relatively more powerful than a typical PC from, say the late 90's-early 2000's so it SHOULD run Windows 95 better than a PC from that era, right? Absolutely not - In fact it barely runs it at all, unless you don't mind waiting 30 seconds to open up notepad...

 

"A game made for PS4 will always run better on pc"

 

Where did you get that from?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

 

 

1 minute ago, steelo said:

 

You're not understanding...even if it is more powerful, it will not have the overhead to EMULATE PS4 games.

 

"A game made for PS4 will always run better on pc"

 

Where did you get that from?

Well yeah but that's the survival of the console market... Get you hooked into a spear head or main title that only runs on your hardware and no one elses so if people really want to play that game they have to use your system even if it isn't as good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HoganKevin8997 said:

 

Well yeah but that's the survival of the console market... Get you hooked into a spear head or main title that only runs on your hardware and no one elses so if people really want to play that game they have to use your system even if it isn't as good. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I meant to say a game made for both ps4 and pc will run better on better pc hardware. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the game can utilize better hardware that is.  That doesn't make the console better

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

 

Unfortunately, that's the name of the game...especially when they have PS exclusive titles...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

I meant to say a game made for both ps4 and pc will run better on better pc hardware. 

Of course, given it is a decent port...However, a game that can only be ran through emulation will require substantially more powerful pc hardware.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, steelo said:

Of course, but a game that can only be ran through emulation will require substantially more powerful pc hardware.

Not with an owned ps4 or if your friend owns a ps4 and you emulate there ps4 on your pc or pcps4 like mine

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only think of 1 game to play that ps4 has to offer and thats the god of war series, or shadow of colossus but other than that not so much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

I can only think of 1 game to play that ps4 has to offer and thats the god of war series, or shadow of colossus but other than that not so much. 

I like ps4 i have had a few of them and modded them and painted them but something always went wrong with them for me.  I always wanted more from them then they can offer without jailbreaking them so i decided whynot build a ps4 pc early instead while the hardware is still relevant because it has become irrelevant to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

Not with an owned ps4 or if your friend owns a ps4 and you emulate there ps4 on your pc or pcps4 like mine

Your pc will not be capable of emulating a ps4 title... Neither your CPU or GPU are powerful enough.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

I like ps4 i have had a few of them and modded them and painted them but something always went wrong with them for me.  I always wanted more from them then they can offer without jailbreaking them so i decided whynot build a ps4 pc early instead while the hardware is still relevant because it has become irrelevant to me.

Yeah me an sony have had a bad relationship over the years with me trying to modd and paint and resale there game consoles and save them but i enjoy it... its my hobby... When ps4 is no longer cared about i will take them and do my fish bowl modd dual fan ps4s

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, steelo said:

Your pc will not be capable of emulating a ps4 title. Neither your CPU or GPU are powerful enough. Period.

What title would that be?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

What title would that be?

There are not that many sony exclusives i would want to play anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

What title would that be?

I believe Linus made a video a while back with a Ryzen 5 (2400g?) system that 'played' emulated ps3 titles, but not well...that APU is roughly comparable to your GPU/CPU. You're expecting similar hardware to emulate the next generation of playstation titles...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, steelo said:

I believe Linus made a video a while back with a Ryzen 5 (2400g?) system that 'played' emulated ps3 titles, but not well...that APU is roughly comparable to your GPU/CPU. You're expecting similar hardware to play the next generation of playstation titles...

The next gen no... just the ones now... I wanted someone else to build a ps4 pro case to beat a ps5 hardware wise... using consumer hardware... Mine beats the ps4 and ps4 pro because its a fully functional computer  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HoganKevin8997 said:

The next gen no... just the ones now... I wanted someone else to build a ps4 pro case to beat a ps5 hardware wise... using consumer hardware... Mine beats the ps4 and ps4 pro because its a fully functional computer  

Wouldn't it be awesome to take the ps4 pro chassis or case and build a pc intel system in it to beat the new and up coming ps5

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HoganKevin8997 said:

Wouldn't it be awesome to take the ps4 pro chassis or case and build a pc intel system in it to beat the new and up coming ps5

I like putting intel systems in it because its like amd vs intel all over again...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

Wouldn't it be awesome to take the ps4 pro chassis or case and build a pc intel system in it to beat the new and up coming ps5

Beat it how? You could put better hardware in there, I suppose. However, it still won't emulate nearly as well even with current generation hardware.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, steelo said:

Beat it how? You could put better hardware in there, I suppose. However, it still won't emulate nearly as well even with current generation hardware.

Yeah but maybe Sony will have to answer for it... and adapt and live on you know plus it would just be fun to do you know... Destroy the console hardware spec and capability wise... Show everyone there not that good...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

Yeah but maybe Sony will have to answer for it... and adapt and live on you know plus it would just be fun to do you know... Destroy the console hardware spec and capability wise... Show everyone there not that good...

I grew up with ps1 and ps2 and those are my favorite game consoles... I just don't like the way sony has become... trying to make this super secret squirl hardware in the dark with outrageouse specs and capability that no bench test can compute for years to come to challenge there possible lie about there system capability

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HoganKevin8997 said:

I grew up with ps1 and ps2 and those are my favorite game consoles... I just don't like the way sony has become... trying to make this super secret squirl hardware in the dark with outrageouse specs and capability that not bench test can compute for years to come to challenge there possible lie about there system capability

Unfortunately, they all do that man...Microsoft is just as bad =(

Link to post
Share on other sites

cudacores tiliflops and floating points sound like technical terms to describe a misunderstood oversold overbuilt custom cpu and gpu marketed to the consumer with far less capability... Over the years it sounds stupid to me... even if it is true ... No mondern cpu or gpu is measured that way.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

cudacores tiliflops and floating points sound like technical terms to describe a misunderstood oversold overbuilt custom cpu and gpu marketed to the consumer with far less capability... Over the years it sounds stupid to me... even if it is true ... No mondern cpu or gpu is measured that way.. 

Sony created there own measurement system, isn't that convienant to them that most other modern cpus and gpus can't measure themselves to accurately..  Its all marketing BS

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×