Keeping an Older Headset Going

Sental

I've got an older Corsair Vengence 2100 Headset and it works for what I need so I don't want to replace them. Their perfectly functional accept for the headband.

The plastic (probably) soft comfy bit is perishing, the covering is coming off and some of it getting sticky. So I'm looking for opinions and suggestions on covering it or otherwise making easier to wear, at least so I'm not finding bits of it on my head after using it.

This is the link to the product page https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Headsets/VENGEANCE®-2100-Dolby-7-1-Wireless-Gaming-Headset/p/CA-9011125-NA

Happened to me with all my headphones, what i would do is scrape / remove the soft bits till i uncover the fabric / foam.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

The best way to do this is by taking off the fabric and foam from the headband and replace it with a new one, probably from china or even Corsair themselves if they supply parts for them still.

I do this with all my headphones, I even replace the ear cups when they become warn because they often add a lot more life to what would otherwise be a non-comfortable/functioning headset or pair of headphones. They can usually be gained for cheap too!

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz