Got Negative Ions

Idelly Welly

20200325_095755.thumb.jpg.a44798e3aeff72592bd70dd37a7f1eb4.jpgWith everything that is going on with mask shortages in major hospitals. Would they benefeit by using negative ion technology? I know over using it creates ozone. but i heard the newer technology are alot better! Along with Everything Else it is my daily driver device now!

We Get about 2,000+ customers per day.

With a mini phani pack up to my chest for easy access under my work Vest.20200325_100505.thumb.jpg.cc6fa95d59a6a32c4f5e6e5b01d38ba6.jpg

pop it out with only the tip out and presto mundo done! press the button and its show time!

Edited by Idelly Welly

* thread locked *

* thread unlocked *

Please, educate yourself, ionized products are potentially radioactive and dangerous, and ion generators are hogwash, or potentially dangerous too ;

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Feel free to discuss, but any Covid-19 discussion must be in the official thread ;

Also, follow the Community Standards ;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

Some air devices sold on the internet advertise as "ionisers", these often just apply high voltage (from the mains!) to the air. It snags dust and dirt and dust and dumps it onto the ground/walls around the device. So nasty to clean up, and only slight cleaning of the air, as it's not even close to you.

Any other "negative ion" devices are often, if not always, scams and shams and make belief. :(

When sufficient evidence exists as to its efficacy it will become adopted en masse by the relevant authorities. Until then it will remain an alternative selling only to those who don't care about efficacy. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

No, for multiple reasons. First of all there's no clear indication they do anything at all; secondly, even if they did something they couldn't possibly be a substitute for a mask that exists to prevent your coughs and spit from coming into contact with other people. And even if they were a good substitute you'd just run into a shortage of those soon enough. People who don't need a mask should stop hoarding them, period.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 hours ago, TechyBen said:

Some air devices sold on the internet advertise as "ionisers", these often just apply high voltage (from the mains!) to the air. It snags dust and dirt and dust and dumps it onto the ground/walls around the device. So nasty to clean up, and only slight cleaning of the air, as it's not even close to you.

Check the Veritasium video I posted, they talk about this. Those "air purifiers" actually produce ozone, which is actually harmful and unsafe, even at low levels.

https://www.webmd.com/asthma/news/20050404/ionizing-air-cleaners-may-pose-health-hazard

https://www.epa.gov/indoor-air-quality-iaq/ozone-generators-are-sold-air-cleaners

13 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Check the Veritasium video I posted, they talk about this. Those "air purifiers" actually produce ozone, which is actually harmful and unsafe, even at low levels.

https://www.webmd.com/asthma/news/20050404/ionizing-air-cleaners-may-pose-health-hazard

https://www.epa.gov/indoor-air-quality-iaq/ozone-generators-are-sold-air-cleaners

Oh I agree. IIRC the Ozone "ionisers" historically were sold though... like the radium blankets! 😮

The question then is anyone know of any improvements on the ion technology or other like products.

the main factor for this particular situation. The ionizers are Well suppose to get everything out of the air.

so yes some cleaning required! but with than being in the air! effectively if ions do clean the air and cycle plenty of that stuff out of the air then at some point as it continues to work it  would evently isolate the individual in the vicinity that the ions are treating, Except from physical contact. I'm not dismissing the possibilty that it won't but i've seen this puppy have floating particles in the air fall and clears the air in light. In the mens bathroom the smell was gone. I don't run it always just as i needed in spurts.

@Idelly Welly Are you sure you're not a reseller?  Your first post in this topic screams advertisement to me.

Having a filter like that body-adjacent is a terrible idea for the ozone reasons @wkdpaul mentioned already, especially if you use one in that manner for any significant length of time.  The worst part is that any health problems that would come from doing this would be chronic, so they'd creep up so slowly you won't notice any difference day to day, but then some time down the road, you'll suddenly wonder what happened that made you feel so consistently terrible all of the time.  Ozone also damages lungs, so with current problems, I think this is the last thing you'd want to do.

The bottom line is that using something like this is introducing a new and very certain problem to fight a potential existing one. You are much better off just wearing a cloth filter over your face than relying on something like this to filter the air around you, especially since an ionizing filter will basically make the particles in the air around you want to stick to you like a balloon you just rubbed on your head.  Then, even if the smell goes away around you, it's because those same particles are now literally sticking to the outside of you.  So imagine just how much mostly invisible garbage you are bringing home on yourself and your clothes.  That's why hospitals don't rely on filters like these and instead use HEPA filters, because they actually remove particulates from the environment and are magnitudes safer.

Thank You...Your logic is sound and no I'm not a reseller, just another person trying to figure things out. It a challenge for me since I'm asthmatic. But I'm considered an essential 3 ways, I work because I must. I engaged here because I trust this source of information. I appreciate this more than you think. I don't troll the internet. It makes sense since we product static our selves. The ion would have an attraction to us...

Edited by Idelly Welly

The question then is anyone know of any improvements on the ion technology or other like products.

the main factor for this particular situation. The ionizers are Well suppose to get everything out of the air.

so yes some cleaning required! but with than being in the air! effectively if ions do clean the air and cycle plenty of that stuff out of the air then at some point as it continues to work it  would evently isolate the individual in the vicinity that the ions are treating, Except from physical contact. I'm not dismissing the possibilty that it won't but i've seen this puppy have floating particles in the air fall and clears the air in light. In the mens bathroom the smell was gone. I don't run it always just as i needed in spurts.

As far as i''m aware we're centric ozone beings. we have ozone exposure daily. its our tolerance of the daily exposures that make or break our day. All of our technology creates it. We just havent read all the small print on most devices coming in. We don't question that fact that toaster you love, your ps4, xbox, computers, especially the one you game off of. It produces 100 more ozone that the ionizer i showed. Hey your refrigerator is running and making ozone. We take the daily grind for granted. You know that pixel that doesn't work on your phone through expansion and contraction it popped and you know you've never dropped it.......blame it on the micron ozone...

Think back your whole life revolves around it. But you know I love ice cream so, i'm keeping my refrigerator.

The other thing is ozone is dangerous, but its already there. We also label our tech after what creates also ozone creating tech. ion this and ion that...... well enough of that ozone stuff.

well actually I've remember in science there was discussion of things like ozone layers in our atmosphere and how conversion of ozone into oxygen can occur. Jesus I paid attention. Thank you miss Ms. Villa. I don't know if the same can work by using uv technology. to off set the amounts of ozone.

Well I'm tired for now. I'm only gonna get an hour of sleep before i wake up and start my day all over again. good night, y'all and god bless. 

On 3/25/2020 at 1:23 AM, wkdpaul said:

Please, educate yourself, ionized products are potentially radioactive and dangerous, and ion generators are hogwash, or potentially dangerous too

Inb4 someone uses negative ion feminine pads as a face mask alternative 😂

Edited by captain_to_fire

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

14 hours ago, Idelly Welly said:

It a challenge for me since I'm asthmatic.

Same. I’ve been asthmatic since high school and I can fully relate on those 3 in the morning wheezing. I know for a fact that anyone with chronic conditions like asthmatics are more susceptible to Covid-19 complications, that’s why the best way right now to protect yourself is not by portable negative ion contraptions but by staying at home, keeping your house clean, and by washing of hands. 

1 hour ago, Idelly Welly said:

The other thing is ozone is dangerous, but its already there. We also label our tech after what creates also ozone creating tech. ion this and ion that...... well enough of that ozone stuff.

well actually I've remember in science there was discussion of things like ozone layers in our atmosphere and how conversion of ozone into oxygen can occur. Jesus I paid attention. Thank you miss Ms. Villa. I don't know if the same can work by using uv technology. to off set the amounts of ozone.

Yes, ozone is present in the atmosphere and it reduces the amount of UV rays reaching the Earth. But that’s also the reason why ozone is present between the trophosphere and stratosphere, so that people won’t breathe it. You have to remember that ozone is very unstable and it produces free radicals, which is why it’s used sometimes in water purification to kill microbes, and it’s also effective in damaging human cells. 

Edited by captain_to_fire

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

4 hours ago, Idelly Welly said:

As far as i''m aware we're centric ozone beings. we have ozone exposure daily. its our tolerance of the daily exposures that make or break our day.

There's exposure yes, because ozone can be created naturally (UV from the sun or lightning), but there's not buildup of tolerance, ozone is a trioxygen molecule and is a powerful oxidant, so there is absolutely NO tolerance, you CANNOT protect yourself from an oxidant unless you remove it from your environment! Long term exposure to ozone gas creates potentially dangerous health problems, especially if you're asthmatic ; https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/08958378.2018.1455772

All of our technology creates it. We just havent read all the small print on most devices coming in. We don't question that fact that toaster you love, your ps4, xbox, computers, especially the one you game off of. It produces 100 more ozone that the ionizer i showed. Hey your refrigerator is running and making ozone. We take the daily grind for granted.

WHAT ???? No, no to all of the above, to create ozone from ambiant air, you need either to produce UV radiation, or a corona discharge, none of those are created by your fridge, toaster or phone, you need equipment specifically made for this type of purpose.

You know that pixel that doesn't work on your phone through expansion and contraction it popped and you know you've never dropped it.......blame it on the micron ozone...

And again ; WHAT ????

That's not even a thing! Also, ozone doesn't destroy pixels in a screen! It's a gas, not a form of light radiation, it can't go through glass !!!

If you are to post again, I suggest that you do so by providing sources of your claims, because it seems you're posting marketing words jammed together and you're not making much, if any sense at all.

That last part of the dead pixel. Was me being sarcastic.... It was to joke and blame it on the ozone... Like blame it on the alcohol cuz we do dumb things when were drunk....

Edited by Idelly Welly

Negative ion generators work by adding extra electrons to air molecules giving them a net negative charge. The charged air molecules float around and discharge their extra electrons to the particles and dust in the air. Now the dust particles are negatively charged and are more likely to stick to surfaces like the walls and floors. This technology has been shown to be very effective at cleaning the air in some settings such as hospitals where the walls and floors are regularly cleaned with disinfectant. If you don't clean the surfaces, the particles will eventually lose their charge and become airborne again.

I would not advise using one for personal protection though. Why? What's happening is all the airborne particles are likely collecting on you and your clothes. The air might be cleaner but you've essentially turned yourself into a magnet for all the crap in the air.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_ioniser

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_arc

Sub category :Undesired arcing

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paschen's_law

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_breakdown

Horse power= Electrical Arcing

https://qr.ae/pNv262

Micro Arcing Exist in Any circuit Board and between tiny computer components with any metals. Electrical conductivity or low power static. Like when you turn on your pc or monitor. The sound is familiar, electrical activation. Some people are sensitive enough to feel it. ion activation = Ozone production...even if minimal. If you smelled it you delt it 🤪.

Gas emitting Devices = Ozone

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-one-x-ozone-smell-heat/820b8187-954a-4c4b-be39-9bddadd5d96a

https://serverfault.com/questions/460072/office-server-room-with-bad-hvac-affecting-lungs/460075#460075

TEACC.pdf

Edited by Idelly Welly

21 minutes ago, Idelly Welly said:

From the report itself ;

This study measured ozone emissions from three refrigerator air purifiers, two fruit and vegetable washers, two facial steamers, two shoe sanitizers, two drinking water treatment devices, one laundry water treatment system, two personal air purifiers, two ionic hair devices, and one sanitizing wand. These products were selected because they are advertised as producing ozone or have the potential to generate ozone based on their design.

Those are all DESIGNED to make ozone, and it's not refrigerators they tested, but refrigerator air purifiers that's not the same thing at all!

Edited by wkdpaul

19 minutes ago, harryk said:

*snip*

As reported by Consumer report, the "personal" air ionizer produce ozone as a byproduct. And as mentioned above, ozone is proven to be dangerous, a good HEPA air filter is more effcicient (for personal use) ;

https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/research/indoor/cr-05-2005.pdf

EDIT : BTW, I know A LOT about this stuff because my wife has seasonal allergies and I got pulled in by those "ion air purifier", and after buying one of these, her allergies got WORSE and so I went and research and looked into it. I have since switched to a filter ONLY air purifier and it's much better. It still amaze me that companies are able to advertise this as good for people with allergies and asthma when in actuality it could make the situation worse and even dangerous.

Not trying to push an agenda here, I'm just really unhappy to see that this is a constant thing and that ANYONE can fall in the marketing trap these big corporations are putting into place (like I did a few years ago!).

7 hours ago, Idelly Welly said:

The other thing is ozone is dangerous, but its already there.

Ozone is only harmless when it's in the stratosphere.

It will fuck you up if you breathe it in. Having free radical oxygen in your body is not good for you.

Edit:

Here's a good video on pseudoscience.