help choosing a very big monitor

Your help greatly appreciated!

What is the best monitor for gaming and other pc work such as content creation and also for watching movies.

i do not own a tv as i am visually impaired so i have had to save and save and save to be able to afford a tv that is big enough and clear enough for me to be able to see.

I recently changed my mind as i am single so surely it would be better to invest in a massive computer monitor instead! 

media viewing shall be the second use after gaming.

the bigger, the better as i have a neck injury from having used a monitor that i couldn’t see so there were literally only a couple of centimetres between my nose and the screen.

you know when you are gaming on an iphone 11 pro max bla bla.. and the characters move quickly and it just smears across the screen? i find it really hard to keep track of what is going on. i hear high refresh rate monitors solve that smeared gameplay problem.

i won’t be able to try before i buy due to quarantine restrictions and i know i will feel less claustrophobic facing a long long lockdown as soon as i have a brilliant display to look at instead of just my iphone!!!

choosing pre-build pc advice requested too

any help much appreciated!