Dual Link DVI to HDMI/DP for 1440p?

Ariyala

Hey,

my work gave me a machine and monitor so I can work from home, yay! But, due to space limitations in my apartment I'd much rather prefer to use my own Monitor instead of the one they gave me. 

The problem is, my Monitor is an 27" Acer Predator XB271HU with 2560x1440, whereas the work one is just a 24" 1920x1080 one. 

The hardware I got supports 1440p output via Dual Link DVI output, but does not have HDMI or DisplayPort outputs - which is the only two inputs my Monitor has unfortunately :(

I can connect it with a standard DVI to HDMI cable to get 1080p on my 27" monitor, but it doesn't look too great - very blurry :(

Does anyone know if there's any form of adapter to go from Dual Link DVI to HDMI or DisplayPort with support for 2560x1440?

I only seem to find ones that are the other way around, and it seems to be non-bi-directional. And the ones that are the direction I need say they only support up to 1080p :(

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Ari

Oh wow! That seems promising!

Unfortunately sold out at Amazon Canada, but I'll see if I can get my hands on one somehow!

Thank you! :)

EDIT: Found one on eBay! Should arrive in a few days. If anyone has any more recommendations, I am all ears! 🙃