Help with buying a new monitor Please.

Heya everyone! I've been gaming up until last year on a 10 year old pc from 09. Not a custom build or anything, just a regular office HP from bestbuy. Last year i spent the money and finally built myself a PC but didnt buy a new monitor as my friend gave me his after he upgraded. So for the recent year I've been using a 3 year old Acer KG241Q 1080p 24" 1ms. It was great for a free monitor but now that I upgraded to a 5700 XT and as people have been telling me, I should be aiming for 1440p, I figured I'd upgrade. 

I'm quite ignorant to monitor buying, even with watching Linus videos and others. There's just too many options out there and I feel overwhelmed and dont want to regret my buy, especially if I get an ultrawide as thatd be quite difficult for someone who doesnt know how to drive, to return lol So I was hoping for you good people to recommend some 16:9 and maybe some ultra-wides if you think my PC could power it. Thank you anyone who takes the time to help me out!

• MSI 5700 XT Evoke 8GB
  • Ryzen 5 2600 3.4Ghz
  • 16GB 2666Mhz Corsair Vengeance LPX
  • Corsair CX550M PSU
  • B450m Pro-Vdh Mobo

EDIT: I live in Canada so I'll be using Canadian websites and CAD Dollars.

Edited by SirNyxsis
Forgot to add where I live to help better recommend monitors.

You still want a 24" monitor? It's easier to find 1440p at 27" or so. Mine is a 1440p@75Hz and 24". Problem with monitors is that they are difficult to recommend is more like... mmm... a personal matter after all. What do you want? Good colours? A fast panel with low ms and high refresh rate? You could start telling us that so we could recommend better.

42 minutes ago, JeannieFawkes said:

You still want a 24" monitor? It's easier to find 1440p at 27" or so. Mine is a 1440p@75Hz and 24". Problem with monitors is that they are difficult to recommend is more like... mmm... a personal matter after all. What do you want? Good colours? A fast panel with low ms and high refresh rate? You could start telling us that so we could recommend better.

Sorry. Like I said, I know pretty much nothing about monitors. I dont play multiplayer games at all. Mainly be playing RPG's and Action Adventure games. The monitor i was using was a 1ms 75hz but i capped it at 60hz as i mod every game i can. So i dont think id benefit much from a higher refresh rate. I could be wrong though as I havent played on a higher one. I do want a larger monitor. Didnt enjoy the 24" size. I'd love to try Ultra-Wide though. 

So, as far as I understand you are more into a cinema experience than anything else... right?

And what is your maximum budget?

I think that with that info our lovely community can start posting some cool stuff ❤️

2 minutes ago, JeannieFawkes said:

So, as far as I understand you are more into a cinema experience than anything else... right?

And what is your maximum budget?

I think that with that info our lovely community can start posting some cool stuff ❤️

Indeed. I enjoy more story, cinematic focused games. Maximum budget would be 700-800$ Though obviously I'd prefer not to spend it all, but if the monitors are worth it, I've got that amount to spend and be 100% A-Okay doing so. :)

21 minutes ago, SirNyxsis said:

Indeed. I enjoy more story, cinematic focused games. Maximum budget would be 700-800$ Though obviously I'd prefer not to spend it all, but if the monitors are worth it, I've got that amount to spend and be 100% A-Okay doing so. :)

Check out the following links.

https://www.rtings.com/user/ratings/mQInJLi7qiX8GQ

https://www.rtings.com/user/ratings/ABkArd5QEMduIA

If u dont understand anything u see here, simply click on any monitor to see the review. The review will have headings for each test and each one will have a little ? next to it. mouse over it to see some basic information, click on the link to get more details.

There are also some more detailed articles explaining tests if u look for them on the site.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |