Lots of questions and no straight answers :) help

DazEErR

So I'm looking to buy the Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO, I also don't have a AMP/DAC and only on board sound. I would be mainly using it on my PC listening to music/gaming and maybe once in a while using my phone.

1. Should I get 80OHM or 250OHM version?

2. Depending on what version what sound card or/and amp?

budget is £200ish so £70 for sound card/amp.

Fire away.

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. - Napoleon Hill

what motherboard do you have. 

if you dont plan on getting an amp. get the 80ohm, if you plan on getting it (for 70 fiio e10 is the best) you can get teh 250s :)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Only thing worth buying at that budget is the e10, there might be a few other small doodads around that price but I do not know of any quite as popular.

I would get the 250ohm version. The 80ohm version has slightly different frequency response and IIRC has higher, boomier bass response (there IS a point when it gets excessive). If you were to get the 80ohm version you would probably not need an amp though.

Error: 410

what motherboard do you have. 

if you dont plan on getting an amp. get the 80ohm, if you plan on getting it (for 70 fiio e10 is the best) you can get teh 250s :)

MSI z68-G43

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. - Napoleon Hill

Add the FiiO E10 to the cost of the 250ohm version and then choose what's cheaper.

As its USB it completely skips the on board stuff sorta?