Lg C9 turning off by itself only when connected to a PC

Yas085

Hi everyone, I bought an lg C9 a few days ago and it works great, except when is plugged into a pc, it just turns off by itself after 10 minutes of use or so, either active or inactive, I turned off all the energy savings features, auto turn off in both the tv and pc and still the same, brought it to LG and after troubleshooting it they suggested I return it, they only suggested that I reset the settings and that did work but only before I updated the firmware, anyways I exchanged the tv and the same thing is happening with the new tv, all the drivers are updated on Nvidia’s side, I have an rtx 2080 super. I’ve tried different cables on different ports and still the same. I’m thinking of buying an hdmi 2.1 but that’s it for ideas, any suggestions ? Thanks in advance. 

I use a B9.

It may be Widows settings getting in the way.

My gaming computers are set to never sleep and turn off the screen so the monitor/TV can do it's own thing.

The LG OLEDs have lots of features to prevent burn-in. These come into play when the TV thinks there is no activity. 

Is the banner coming up that says  "Instant Game Response Launched"?  If not the TV does not know that you are playing a game.

I did buy a 2.1 HDMI cable for my B9.

It is an AUDIANO 8K HDMI 2.1 Cable.  

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

Thanks for the reply, yeah the notification comes up when I switch to PC, So it’s detecting it,  I’ll look at the tv settings again maybe I missed something, but I went up and down with the thing already, ultimately I’ll try aight the cable. Thanks again .

Also make sure you're outputting at a resolution the TV can display.

Edit: I stupidly jumped in without fully reading the original post stating it worked for 10 minutes.  I agree it might be a burn-in protection, plasmas had/have the same thing.  You might check event viewer to see if windows is complaining about that display at all too.

I think I might have found the solution, I read it in another thread, I have a nose soundbar hooked on to it but I used headphones when I play on pc, I read the the soundbar after inactivity turn itself and the tv off, can’t wait to get home to try it, will post if it worked, but thanks again guys

• 1 year later...
On 3/22/2020 at 6:16 AM, Yas085 said:

I think I might have found the solution, I read it in another thread, I have a nose soundbar hooked on to it but I used headphones when I play on pc, I read the the soundbar after inactivity turn itself and the tv off, can’t wait to get home to try it, will post if it worked, but thanks again guys

Hi I'm facing the exact same problem... Did you find a solution?