RTX 2070S low frame rates in GTA 5

Go to solution Solved by Enoscity,

I solved it finally!

For Anyone having the same problem:

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

Are you sure nothing is running in the background? Did you try reinstalling the graphics drivers, and using DDU?

or 

I went into device manager and deinstalled my GPU and restarted my PC. Then I reinstalled the newest driver through Nvidia Experience and now I have 90 to 100 fps in full lobbies with everything set to ultra.

I also deactivated Fast Boot in Bios (some guy said it could hinder the GPU from really shutting down and could somehow mess up the drivers?!)

Hey,

I recently bought a MSI rtx 2070 super Gaming X trio and in one of my favourite games I dont can barely get above 60 fps and even drops lower than 50 in some cases (driving very fast or a lot of explosions).

Cpu Usage (ingame, Gta 5): between 20% and 30%

Gpu Usage (ingame, Gta 5) max. at 2% (in Warzone it goes up to like 55%)

GPU Clock (although it's overclocked): 1605 - that's the default clock (should be at 1800 at least)

And it doesn't make a difference if I play on all low settings or everything on ultra in Gta. Although on Ultra it's more stable.

I first thought it could be that it's running of an HDD but when I reinstalled it onto my ssd it stayed the same.

My Specs:

Mainboard: Asus B450 F-Gaming

Cpu: Ryzen 5 2600 @3.95 Ghz  (Box cooler)

Ram: 16 GB of GSkill Aegis @3000 mhz with CL16 timings (xmp profile enabled)

Gpu: Msi Rtx 2070 super Gaming X trio, overlocked (powerlimit at max, core clock: +100, memory clock: +450)  through msi afterburner or dragon center

(doesnt make any difference even if I uninstall one of them) ! When I lower the powerlimit to 100 for some reason I get above 80 fps but only for about 1 hour.

Psu: Seasonic Focus Gold 650W, standard cables

Case: Nzxt H510, with 2 intake and 2 outtake fans

Memory: 970 EvoPlus 500 GB Nvme ssd from Samsung

Screen: Asus VG278Q (TN, 144hz, 1ms)

In other games it's fine:

1080p

Call of Duty Warzone (everything on ultra): average fps of 140

Cs:Go (high): 350 - 420 fps

Apex Legends (everything on ultra) : 135fps

Temps:

Cpu: doesnt get much hotter than 75°C 

Gpu: almost idle so about 50°C

Edited by Enoscity

Are you sure nothing is running in the background? Did you try reinstalling the graphics drivers, and using DDU?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Make sure you have your resolution set correctly, in windows, and in your game.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

2 minutes ago, scuff gang said:

Make sure you have your resolution set correctly, in windows, and in your game.

The resolution is at 1920x1080 in Windows, Nvidia Control Panel and Ingame.

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Nothing is running in the background. I even uninstalled all RGB software because Razer Synapse somehow made my Csgo lag (went down by almost 200fps).

Didn't try to reinstall graphics drivers yet. My PC automatically downloads the lastest drivers through Nvidia Experience.

well the difference between the games you listed is that GTA is an open world game where you can go anywhere and do anything at any time so the GPU as far as I can tell renders the whole map and only finely renders it for an area you are in. the other 3 games are all map based where you can only go so far so not much power from the GPU is needs so higher frame rates can be achieved. 

but I am just guessing as I usually keep my components at stock levels for everything.

3 minutes ago, tdkid said:

well the difference between the games you listed is that GTA is an open world game where you can go anywhere and do anything at any time so the GPU as far as I can tell renders the whole map and only finely renders it for an area you are in. the other 3 games are all map based where you can only go so far so not much power from the GPU is needs so higher frame rates can be achieved. 

but I am just guessing as I usually keep my components at stock levels for everything.

that wouldn't explain why my Gpu runs at 1% and only uses the memory (about 3.5gb of 8gb). In Warzone the usage goes up to max 60% and the graphics are way better and more demanding as in a 7 year old game.

And yes none of those power saving modes is on (in windows or nvidia control panel)

Just now, MightyFarmer666 said:

How is that possible, I would get 45-65 FPS with my gtx 970 lol

Well, that's why I created this post. Because friends of my or in general other people with worse PC's got higher frame rates than me?!

I solved it finally!

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

or 

I went into device manager and deinstalled my GPU and restarted my PC. Then I reinstalled the newest driver through Nvidia Experience and now I have 90 to 100 fps in full lobbies with everything set to ultra.

I also deactivated Fast Boot in Bios (some guy said it could hinder the GPU from really shutting down and could somehow mess up the drivers?!)

2 hours ago, Enoscity said:

I solved it finally!

or 

good to hear

but my comment was made before you edited yours to give us more info. that is why it didn't mention a solution for the GPU running at 1%.