F@h possible to use low cpu and high gpu?

I have a ryzen 3600 and rtx 2080 super. Problem is if i set it to high my cpu get extremely toasty 98c and my fans are insanely loud which isn't going to work at night. I ordered a noctua nh u12s chromax.Black but it won't be here until atleast Friday. So is there a way in noon terms to set the cpu to low to keep heat down to a reasonable level and gpu at max? I ended up disabling cpu for the time being in order to sleep and I'd like it to do some work until the new cooler shows up. 

Yes. Go into your Advanced control panel (Go to system tray, right click on your F@H icon, when you hover over it it should say "folding active"). and click on Configure. You should be able to set max CPU cores used (set it to maybe 4c/8t max?) and you should be able to configure GPU usage as well.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

in the advanced control software, go configure, click on slot tab, select the cpu, edit. the cpu bracket will have an option to change number of threads it uses. default is -0(lets it choose how much it uses by itself), change it to either 8 or 4, to use 4 or 2 cores respectively.

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

7 hours ago, Sicko65 said:

I have a ryzen 3600 Problem is if i set it to high my cpu get extremely toasty 98c and my fans are insanely loud which isn't going to work at night.

The above posters are right, their solutions would work but are specific to Folding@home though.

In the case of the Ryzen 3600(which I have) I've found that setting a PPT limit through AMD's Ryzen Master works quite well - and it carries over to all apps, not just F@H! I've set my PPT at 50W, and it runs cool and quiet. Go to Profile 1 -> Precision Boost Overdrive and set the PPT as 50-60W. :) Ryzen Master even starts on Windows startup for me, so it's convenient.

Desktop 1 : Ryzen 5 3600 (O/C to 4Ghz all-core) | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 24GB DDR4-2400 Crucial(O/C to 2667) | GALAX RTX 2060 6GB | CoolerMaster MWE 650 Gold

Desktop 2 : i5 10400 | 32GB DDR4-3200(@ 2667Mhz) |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8 GB | Corsair CV450M

Laptop : ASUS ROG Strix G17 : i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti 6GB(90W), 1TB NVMe SSD

Yoga 3 14 - i7-5500U, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 940M, 256GB SSD

On 3/18/2020 at 5:56 AM, rkv_2401 said:

The above posters are right, their solutions would work but are specific to Folding@home though.

In the case of the Ryzen 3600(which I have) I've found that setting a PPT limit through AMD's Ryzen Master works quite well - and it carries over to all apps, not just F@H! I've set my PPT at 50W, and it runs cool and quiet. Go to Profile 1 -> Precision Boost Overdrive and set the PPT as 50-60W. :) Ryzen Master even starts on Windows startup for me, so it's convenient.

I didn't have this issue while gaming at all even with game boost (msi) enabled. That being said the u12s seems to have solved my issue. Might have to adjust the fan curve. Im not even sure I have pbo enabled this is the first non pre-built non oem I've owned so it's time to run through the bios and tweak some things. 

Thanks everyone for the help