Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm at >$145

Shaqalac
Go to solution Solved by ShearMe,

Sounds good as I'm planning on using it to and from Uni, powered by my iPhone 5.

What do you think about the headphones, should I save some money and get a bit more expensive and better pair or is this one pretty much as good as it gets within this price range for my music choice?

This is a GREAT headphone dude.  :rolleyes:

Hi LTT.

I've been browsing the part of the forum for quite some time and I know there's a lot of these threads and I don't want to interrupt another OP's questions with all my questions.

So, I need a new pair of headphones to replace my horrible Roccat Kave 5.1 and I was looking for some second hand deals and found a pair of unused DT 770 Pro. The seller listed them at $145 so I might be able to negotiate them down to $130. If I had to buy the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro from a retailer here in Denmark I would have to pay at least $220.

Is the DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm good enough for what I intend to use it for.

• I do a bit of gaming but perfect positioning is not required at all. I've gotten used to the Kave so anything would pretty much be an improvement.
  • I prefer a better music experience over a gaming experience.
  • I live at home right now, so there's some noise and will move to the capital soon where there's a lot more noise.

What music do I listen to:

• Electronic
    • Hardstyle
    • Hardcore
    • Drum and bass
    • Trance
  • Rock/Metal
    • Linkin Park
    • All That Remains
    • Volbeat
    • Sienna Skies

I guess there wont be a headset that's perfect for all these genres at the same time. Again I'm coming from a crappy Roccat Kave so everything will be an improvement.

Anything I should consider, maybe another headset will be better for me?

Hope this is enough information for some of you to help me, otherwise please let me know.

Cheers Shaqalac.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

For that price? Yes.

Intel Core i7-3770k @4.4GHz. 1.170V - Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB (2x4) G.Skill RipjawsX @1866 MHz. CL8 - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H - Samsung 840 250GB - XFX HD7970 DD GHz. @1125MHz - CM 690 II - Seagate Barracuda 2TB + WD RED 3TB - Corsair RM750X

FiiO E10 - Sennheiser HD 598 - Edifier R1600T - Sony MHC-EX50 - Razer Blackwidow Ulitmate 2013 - Razer Deathadder 2013 - LG IPS237L - Dell P2314H - Philips 237EQPH - LG 47LB561V

LG G2 - HP Spectre X360 - Audio Technica ATH-M50X - Sennheiser IE 60

Will my motherboard, the Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, and my iPhone 4 or 5 be able to run these headphones or do I need a sound card/DAC?

Even your phone should be able to drive the 80ohm version.

Even your phone should be able to drive the 80ohm version.

Sounds good as I'm planning on using it to and from Uni, powered by my iPhone 5.

What do you think about the headphones, should I save some money and get a bit more expensive and better pair or is this one pretty much as good as it gets within this price range for my music choice?

This is a GREAT headphone dude.  :rolleyes:

I will say as i have the 250 ohm version that you should not have a problem with the 80 ohm on a phone. My galaxy note 2 have no problems running the 250 ohm version it's a tad bit low sound but not so low that you can't kill the ambient noise around you.

at 130$ it's a steal.

I just picked up the DT 770 Pro and I've been using them for the last 30min. I'm completely in love. The sound is good, comfort is stunning it can't be compared to anything I've ever tried before and definitely not the shitty Roccat Kave 5.1.

Thought you'd like a picture as well. Sorry for the quality, might take some better ones tomorrow.

J7Oiwtl.jpg