JJ from Asus Explains why their SWIFT G-SYNC 2560x1440 monitor is TN

Nice, I for one am very excited for the release of this display. I hear a lot of hate on TN panels but the fact of the

matter is that not all panels are created equal. there are just as many terrible IPS / EPS panels with horrendous

light bleed as there are crappy TN panels with washed out greys and muted colors.

preordered.

from where?

Nice, I for one am very excited for the release of this display. I hear a lot of hate on TN panels but the fact of the

matter is that not all panels are created equal. there are just as many terrible IPS / EPS panels with horrendous

light bleed as there are crappy TN panels with washed out greys and muted colors.

7nTnr.png

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

I would like to see it in comparison to one of these. 

http://overlordcomputer.com/collections/27-monitors/products/tempest-x270oc-glossy

If it looks anywhere close, I would be very interested. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Still too expensive for me D:

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

preordered.

I would like to  from where aswell please ;) 

I would like to see it in comparison to one of these. 

http://overlordcomputer.com/collections/27-monitors/products/tempest-x270oc-glossy

If it looks anywhere close, I would be very interested. 

grade -A

6ms responce

no g-sync

way too cheap

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.

I would like to  from where aswell please ;)

A local computer store called Fixit

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

local store

lol-guy.jpg?

and you want to tell me le store don't have le online site?

If you're trying to sell a 1080p 120hz monitor to people who probably have rigs that will run 4k, you're gonna have a bad time. I think that's why he made the $200-300 comparison. 120 fps stable at 1080p isn't exactly hard to do on most games. The price for it is ridiculous imo. By the time games come out that would actually stress 1080p more to stay around 120, wouldn't these be cheaper in every way anyway and way more available?

The problem with JJ (whoever this is) is that he is basically supporting the idea that these g-sync gaming monitors are much better than IPS or 1440p monitors. I find that difficult to believe, but I haven't experienced g-sync so I can't say anything. Hell, at that price, you might wanna start looking at 4k/2160p~ monitors.

If you're trying to sell a 1080p 120hz monitor to people who probably have rigs that will run 4k, you're gonna have a bad time.

this is a 2560x1440...picard.jpg

grade -A

6ms responce

no g-sync

way too cheap

That is what IPS's have as a response time. 6 is GOOD for IPS.  Put a "gaming" TN next to a IPS and the TN looks like it is covered in dirt. 

That is why I said I want to actually SEE the Gsync monitor. They can say all they want, but IPS looks way better then TN atm. I will have to see it to believe it.

.00001 better KD ratio means jack to me if the color looks bad, and text is horrible. It isn't like I am a professional FPS player that does it for a living, and FPS games aren't the only games I play.

Single player games looked like complete ass on my high hz "gaming monitor". 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Please remove text formatting, my eyes are burning.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

That is what IPS's have as a response time. 6 is GOOD for IPS.  Put a "gaming" TN next to a IPS and the TN looks like it is covered in dirt. 

That is why I said I want to actually SEE the Gsync monitor. They can say all they want, but IPS looks way better then TN atm. I will have to see it to believe it.

.00001 better KD ratio means jack to me if the color looks bad, and text is horrible. It isn't like I am a professional FPS player that does it for a living, and FPS games aren't the only games I play.

Single player games looked like complete ass on my high hz "gaming monitor". 

that is an interesting point

HAH jj go f yourself, ips and mva for the win. Quality over quantity. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

HAH jj go f yourself

wow very mature

if you didnt test it then no need for that 

wow very mature

if you didnt test it then no need for that 

sorry i have a mortal hatred for anything and everything JJ says, no idea why, i cant remember why i hate him but its an overwhelming feeling, i guess this is what its like to be one of those youtuber commenters,  better get myself tested, my be a troll.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Please provide a link when you post an article.

Source: Asus PC DIY

Wonderful to see this will be a true 8bit TN panel with no dithering. That is a HUGE plus+ against haters of TN

But.. But.. But... TN..

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

When I see it I'll believe it.

I sold 2 out of 3 of my vg248qe's to buy 1 pb278q, and I'm currently selling the last vg248qe to buy another pb278q. There's literally no comparison to the amount of "better-ness" that the pb278q delivers.  I sat here for like 30 mins changing settings on my vg248qe to try and get it to even remotely look the same, nowhere close.

I understand the vg248qe doesn't have the best panel in the world, and that some TN are much better, but I really don't think a TN can come anywhere close to a high quality IPS panel.  

Most PC's can't even drive a 1440p screen at over 60 fps anyways, but the g-sync feature is quite good, although I've never seen it.  I'd like to see it though.

I'm sure I could get 120 fps on 1440p with settings turned down, but then again I guess an 800$ monitor isn't targetted at people that can't run it in the first place.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I love hearing JJ explain things. I wish he could teach my electronics class.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Still don't know why people loose it over TN panels. If you want a truely snappy response time get a TN, if you want wonderful colours then get an IPS.

*Insert ol del passo girl*

Otherwise why don't you just buy two monitors?

Intel Core i7 4770K | Gigabyte R9 290 OC 4GB Windforce Edition | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming Mobo

Noctua NF-S12A FLX 120 + 140mm Fans | Corsair H100i CPU Cooler | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | BitFenix Ghost Case

Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM-850 PSU | G. Skill Sniper 16GB (4x4GB) | AOC G2460PQU 144Hz Monitor