gigabyte GA990-FX gamin live update issue

hi guys! i'm running a gigabyte GA990-FX gaming (rev 1.0) and i use the APP CENTER, the official software from gigabyte, to update bios and all the other utilities.. the really really weird problem is that onlt LIVE UPDATE don't recognize my internet connection, otherwise when i run @BIOS (that's the app used to update bios version from desktop) i can update without any problems! that's weird and neither gigabyte support could help me :(

my pc is connected via a ethernet and i have no network problems cause i online game smoothly.

i've attached the pic of the error the app LIVE UPDATE reports when i try to open it.

error.PNG

Metalhead with a huge itch for PC gaming, video editing and audio recording, currently playing in a band and pwning n00bs in the summoners rift ;)

• 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, Raikalover said:

i have the same problem did you fix it?

if he posted about it then he clearly didnt fix it 

On 3/15/2020 at 5:28 PM, y0ur5h4d0w said:

error.PNG

do you have the drivers for the chipset 

and do you have automatic driver installed 

did you try installing the bios from the actual site not a weird software that i have my doubts on   

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

6 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

if he posted about it then he clearly didnt fix it 

do you have the drivers for the chipset 

and do you have automatic driver installed 

did you try installing the bios from the actual site not a weird software that i have my doubts on   

the software is legit, it's from the gigabyte website, though right now i've changed my setup so it's not a problem i have anymore ^^" 

though, YES i did update to bios version F1 at first from the website, then i've updated to bios version F2 (the latest) from the @BIOS inside the gigabyte app center and worked fine, all the apps worked without a problem, the only one that didn't work was the one to update everything that's not the bios 

Metalhead with a huge itch for PC gaming, video editing and audio recording, currently playing in a band and pwning n00bs in the summoners rift ;)

• 10 months later...

Hi @y0ur5h4d0w

discovered your post when doing Google search for "gigabyte live update no internet". Your post was #3.

Having the same problem with a GA-B85M-D3H motherboard.

"No internet available etc" when running "Live Update" app.

Looking at other threads it seems the App Centre software isn't great so probably better to manually install drivers/firmware anyway?