Tech orders transport

Okay we know the COVID 19 is sweaping the globe, shutting down sport, socal entertainment also effecting customer service, countries are slowly being locked down, so what about the computer industries, if delivery drivers are getting ill, that could spell disaster, for the PC industries, also if no cure, also people running power stations to supply electricity, if those worker full ill, homes without power, cannot use refrigerators, foo milk go off, unless everyone has solar power.

Yeah I guess everything could go wrong like that couldn't it

The reality is that shipping and power companies know that their jobs can be important and will maintain safety procedures to make sure your power is still running and your Amazon prime packages still arrive.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I think it's way too early to panic about these things. Personally speaking unless the electric supply goes pfft , then we have enough food in our freezers for a few weeks. Even then I can't imagine food supplies going short, unless everyone panic buys. That's the main problem we face is people panicking, and buying tons of food etc, as that will leave other people short. My sister recently went into a well known brand pharmacy to buy some hand sanitizer as she'd run out... and there wasn't any, and asked the staff when they'd be getting some. The staff replied that they'd had a shipment come in just today, and that they'd all gone already within a  few hours as some mothers had been buying lots each to give their children to take with them to school etc.

You worry about PC hardware over clean water supply? Or getting food and food products? Really?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

21 hours ago, James Aplin said:

Okay we know the COVID 19 is sweaping the globe, shutting down sport, socal entertainment also effecting customer service, countries are slowly being locked down, so what about the computer industries, if delivery drivers are getting ill, that could spell disaster, for the PC industries, also if no cure, also people running power stations to supply electricity, if those worker full ill, homes without power, cannot use refrigerators, foo milk go off, unless everyone has solar power.

OSHA has categorized every industry based on exposure. They have put rules out that employers must follow to ensure empoyees are safe. My employer read us the intformation last friday. Those of high importance will be taking extra special care. So the electrial supply Im not as worried. The Food supply Im a bit worried. Water supply Im worried but only because Michigan has lead in its water. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

this is twofold, of course prioritization should not be of electronics..

Medical supplies and foods will of course be a priority, but i would not just "stop" running an everyday life, the parcel services are still running, and we still have an industry til keep running, just accept that delivery times can be longer. 

i would just keep doing as i do with online shopping, but just accept that it will not be as smooth as it is.. if it is needed, then parcel services will be prioritized, or if your goverment asks you then just wait. 

Thanks.

I don't think anyone should panic, but I do think the time to take some precautions has passed.

Where I am the stores are sold out of pretty much everything. Luckily I was smart enough to stock up on essential items. 

We buy tp and towels in bulk at Sam's so I probably have a month or two of both.

I loaded up on 6 big boxes of diapers so my twins have 2-3 months worth. Same for wipes which I have 3 boxes of and they can be used for tp if needed.

I have enough food to last probably 2 months. I got 3 propane tanks in the garage I had filled. I also have 2 50 gallon drums of gas with a splash of stabile in them.

Lastly, I doubt the water will fail, but I have enough drinking water to last a month or so.

The problem is too many people are not taking social distancing serious enough. Which will let this thing spread like wildfire. So if people are not doing their part and staying home then we will very likely see results similar to Italy.

In that event they are saying 30-50% of the country will get it... and with an average mortality rate of 1% that is deaths in the millions (about 338 million americans in the USA)

Most people on these forums just think about the fact they are young and it should just be like a cold. The thing you don't consider is people you might infect like your parents, kids (with something like asma), etc. If these people get it there is a very high likely hood they can or will die.