Airflow upgrade

TheMightyNoxian

Hello, so recently i bought this prebuild for cheap ^^ (OMEN by HP Obelisk 875-0005nc)

And only problem is airflow, it has literally only back outtake fan, thats all and the stock CPU cooler is too Uhm.. not enough gettting 80-85s dgs while playing games and 50 idle isnt fun.
So my question is, some cooling for cpu and some case mod

How to mod case to get some intake, i saw people cutting frontpanel for it :D and also if im able to fit double fan AIO on top of case, cause im not sure of size :) 

Budget is 200 us for that 

Probably one fan next to PSU, AiO mount on top ( hope for 2x120 atleast) and intake from front but needs to make hole in frontpanel

Image result for OMEN by HP Obelisk 875-0005nc

-Moved to Case Mods and Other mods-

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

• 2 years later...

Wow, almost 3 years and no responses that I see? Going through the same thing now myself. Got the same build pretty cheap second hand, honestly way cheaper than it would have been for all the parts separately. Previous owner seemed to be having the same issue, which is the reason they parted with it. What I'm doing is upgrading the CPU fan to a nice noctua unit for air cooling, as well as replacing the rear facing fan with a noctua as well. The space on the rear is pretty limited, so can't go to anything larger than the 92mm that's there. My thought was going to a much quieter fan since the stock one is pretty dang loud. I'm using the AIO mount on top to add in a 140mm case fan blowing out towards the top. The included bracket that comes with it is fitted for a 120mm, but got an adapter that moves the 120mm to 140 to keep it quieter, and plugging that fan into the LC pump port on the motherboard. Doing this on purpose, as I want it to be constantly at full speed, and the 140mm will make it quieter than using the 120mm that's included. Also going the route of adding a fan at the bottom of the case by the PSU, as it seems like a design flaw to not have a fan here since the GPU has basically no air flow. Doing a splitter from the case fan, running it down to another 140mm fan i'll be mounting towards the bottom. The feet on the case allow airflow underneath, and there is actually already a dust trap built in here as if they expected people to add a fan. You mentioned that you were going to add some front facing fans and add holes for air flow. For any one else thinking of this, no need to add holes. The side panel has vents on the front to draw air in already, so you could get a hard drive to fan adapter and just add a fan into hard drive bay#2. My reasoning for not doing this myself, is that would cause some turbulence in the case with my set up. My airflow is going from the bottom straight to the top, with the fan blowing up and the new 140mm in the AIO spot drawing air out.

I figure the easiest and cheap solution is remove the side panel without doing anything else. Adjust fan curve to see if can make something reasonably quiet and replace fans if necessary. You can also try raising the case an inch or 2 above the ground level and put a fan at the bottom.

If you are the DIY type person then other option is change/replace the window, and then drill holes it for fan intake and mounting holes.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

On 12/19/2022 at 2:06 PM, alyen said:

I figure the easiest and cheap solution is remove the side panel without doing anything else. Adjust fan curve to see if can make something reasonably quiet and replace fans if necessary. You can also try raising the case an inch or 2 above the ground level and put a fan at the bottom.

If you are the DIY type person then other option is change/replace the window, and then drill holes it for fan intake and mounting holes.

Adding a fan on the bottom works wonders in this case. This case actually seems designed to draw air in from the bottom, strange they didn't add a fan there to begin with. The feet hold it a good 8th of an inch above the ground. I added a 120mm fan just above the dust trap and below the GPU and immediately that helped with airflow more than any of my other mods did

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2022 at 10:09 AM, dirtychaps said:

Adding a fan on the bottom works wonders in this case. This case actually seems designed to draw air in from the bottom, strange they didn't add a fan there to begin with. The feet hold it a good 8th of an inch above the ground. I added a 120mm fan just above the dust trap and below the GPU and immediately that helped with airflow more than any of my other mods did

Hi, I also have the same pc, how did you install the fan on the bottom? What cables did you have to use? I installed the Corsair H60 CPU Cooler onto this unit and I'm really looking for ways to cool down GPU temps. I'm really new at fiddling with Pc's so I'm not sure how to install a bottom fan