bruH listen

nonsense42

sometimes we be humans you feel me?

sometimes we aren't as thorough as we'd like to be

sometimes we buy questionable things from amazon just because it had more than 4.3 star ratings on amazon without reading the reviews.

i bought this thing https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X462KRK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

and some people really be saying that it can fry your entire system. is that even possible with a pci-e card? i'm afraid to plug this thing in....

someone halp 😢🤡😢

Who's telling you it could fry your computer?

Technically any bad piece of hardware could fry other hardware in your computer. It would be the first time I've heard anyone claim a Wi-Fi card being a common culprit. We don't see frequent complaints of PCI_e devices frying computers. Usually it's the PSU itself.

6 minutes ago, nonsense42 said:

and some people really be saying that it can fry your entire system. is that even possible with a pci-e card? i'm afraid to plug this thing in....

Bruh.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

11 minutes ago, nonsense42 said:

and some people really be saying that it can fry your entire system. is that even possible with a pci-e card? i'm afraid to plug this thing in

I have never heard of a pci-e device frying a computer. A bad power supply is usually what fry's a system 

4 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Who's telling you it could fry your computer?

Technically any bad piece of hardware could fry other hardware in your computer. It would be the first time I've heard anyone claim a Wi-Fi card being a common culprit. We don't see frequent complaints of PCI_e devices frying computers. Usually it's the PSU itself.

well that puts me more at ease.

as for where i got that from
just gonna quote on of the reviews:

"Verified Purchase

Installed this little card and it INSTANTLY FRIED the motherboard when I turned the PC back on.

No sparks or smoke, but the motherboard is now completely dead. It won't even try to start."

without a doubt imma read the reviews more carefully when purchasing. at least until i forget to do so again.

5 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Bruh.

bruhH. don't judge me bro

1 hour ago, nonsense42 said:

don't judge me bro

Too late fam.

The reviewer was likely retarded.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

2 minutes ago, beersykins said:

Too late fam.

please bro, don't do me like that

2 minutes ago, beersykins said:

The reviewer was likely retarded.

i meaaan i should've kind of expected it, most negative reviews in there just complain about the lack of a cd for the driver

some people really still be living in 2008

the only "valid" complaint i saw was the inconvenience of having to plug the Bluetooth in a usb header  

but i have a lot of those so i'm fine i think

pray for me brOtherS

19 hours ago, nonsense42 said:

pray for me brOtherS

>19 hours ago

Are you dead?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

On 3/15/2020 at 5:39 PM, DildorTheDecent said:

>19 hours ago

Are you dead?

came close to.

so the wifi card was fine, but i ended up getting bsod after playing any game for more than about a minute, i kept getting the tcips.sys error code so i totally thought it was the card. took it out, reinstalled windows and still got the blue screen. then for about a day of troubleshooting i came to the conclusion that it wasn't the video drivers but the ram. i re-inserted the ram and that fixed the bsod but the games still crashed, so i had to re-configure xmp to go at a lower speed and so far so good.

if this pc gives me any more trouble i might just kurt cobain myself